Sign in to follow this  

what other front calipers will fit a DRZ E model?

are there other front calipers from sportbikes or other 4 piston options that aren't aftermarket that will fit a DRZ E model?

I've tried to find this information but haven't been able to round anything up other than info on aftermarket options which I know about, just don't care to spend $400+ on a front caliper.

Thanks

Going to take a larger rotor,not much room between the oem rotor and the spokes for the wider 4 pot caliper.

Edited by Kioti
  • Like 1

I'm well aware that braided lines and larger rotors ehnace braking, as well as good aftermarket pads, standard upgrade on every track bike I've ever owned.

What I'm wondering is which, if any, other OEM sportbike calipers will fit. I would like to have a larger 4 piston caliper if possible without shelling out $400+ for a MotoMaster, Brembo, Beringer or other.

I'm guessing given the lack of responses about calipers that few have been found to work, if any. Surely in the 14 year history of the DRZ someone has found an OEM sportbike caliper that will bolt onto the DRZ, one would figure anyway.

Has anyone found an OEM caliper that will bolt right up?  I guess worst case I could have a friend machine a relocation bracket and then I could use any caliper, but would be a lot quicker, cheaper and easier if I could find an OEM caliper that will bolt on.

Edited by dirtdude723

I have seen guys here using NON OEM calipers ,but nothing comes to mind in reference to what your are looking for...

You could adapt a multitude of calipers if you knew of someone to, or DIY  to make up a caliper bracket to suit... 

I have seen guys here using NON OEM calipers ,but nothing comes to mind in reference to what your are looking for...

You could adapt a multitude of calipers if you knew of someone to, or DIY  to make up a caliper bracket to suit... 

yeah looking like my best option may be to get a friend to fab a relocation bracket for me and use whatever caliper I want