Sign in to follow this  

Where can I find a carb?

Today I scored a 1980 xl80s for free. It's in good shape and doesn't need much. It's missing the carb and intake. I cannot find these online anywhere all I can find is Xr80 carbs. Are they the same ? Where can I find one :(

If it takes a keihin PD, you can get good used ones. The sliders and moving parts don't wear out like a Mikuni. Two rubber parts may need replacing, pump diaphragm, especially if the boot/seal is gone, and the air valve diaphragm. Both, plus jets seals and gaskets available from sonic. Jets cheaper from rocky mountain.

Another option is a chintech knockoff for about the same price as my used PD costed including jets, seals, diaphragm, pump kit and rebuild kit. A better condition PD will go for close to $100, about the same as the knockoffs.

I chose used, because the sellers no nothing, parts are probably unavailable, and even if it works, china quality assurance ensures it wont work long! Those are $100ish on fleabay and amazon.

If it takes a keihin PD, you can get good used ones. The sliders and moving parts don't wear out like a Mikuni. Two rubber parts may need replacing, pump diaphragm, especially if the boot/seal is gone, and the air valve diaphragm. Both, plus jets seals and gaskets available from sonic. Jets cheaper from rocky mountain.

Another option is a chintech knockoff for about the same price as my used PD costed including jets, seals, diaphragm, pump kit and rebuild kit. A better condition PD will go for close to $100, about the same as the knockoffs.

I chose used, because the sellers no nothing, parts are probably unavailable, and even if it works, china quality assurance ensures it wont work long! Those are $100ish on fleabay and amazon.

How do I know exactly what it needs? I don't have the old one its completely gone

How do I know exactly what it needs? I don't have the old one its completely gone

Check parts fisch for your bike and an 82 xl250. If they look the same, itz a pd with pump, if it looks like an 80 xl250, pd no pump. 82-83 had a pump, years close to that, not. If it looks like the 82, but missing the pump, its a pd without pump.