Sign in to follow this  

finally finshed my yz325 offroad build

2002 yz250

powdercoated the fram black

esr 325 kit

2007 sss forks and shock resprung and revaved by factory connection for single track/desert

brp rubber mounted bar mounts

dep pipe/ fmf turbine core exaust

magura hydraulic clutch

rad mfd hubs with did dirtstar wheels(18" rear)

tmd chain guide/ slider/skid plate

zipty oversized tank

guts tall seat foam /cover

fastway pegs

hammerhead shifter and rear brake levers

probably forgetting a bunch of stuff

still trying to fix some jetting problems but it runs!

20140818_163355.jpg

20140818_163408.jpg

• Like 7

Real nice yz you got there. I have a 325 out here in PA. Lectron carb real helped smoothed out power.Way more fun for slippery hills and rocks.

nice bike,,i have jetting issues too,about $200 in needles,slide,,,everytime i go leaner it works better,mid is my problem,i ride alot of high elevation ,,i have'nt messed with powervalve,did sign up for a APT carb,hope it works

That magura will last about 3 months before the slave cylinder starts leaking.

No replacement rubbers for it either, your expected to buy a new slave cylinder for $100. 

Once it lets you down in the middle of the bush you will not put it back on.

• Like 1

don't really like the rekluse, i end up using the clutch anyways out of habit. so far the magura is so easy to feather that i didn't think i would need one anyways. hopefully it lasts me more than 3 months though. probably going to pick up a flywheel weight too

the jetting feels a lot better now but it still feels a little rich in the mid and that's testing it at my house at almost sea level. i'm sure it will be much worse at 3-4k where i normally ride, will start trying leaner needles next

What are your values for squish clearance and kick over compression? No point chasing jetting until those two things are in range. Also your fuel octane?

• Like 1

I've had a Magura system for well over a year on my KX125. The master cylinder developed a leak, but fortunately there are seal kits available. Fortunately no troubles with the slave cylinder.

Looks awesome!  I plan on rebuilding my bike this winter almost exactly like yours!  What graphics are you using, also how do you like the larger tank, I always worry its going to be clunky and slower.

took it to a track today to break it and and mess with the jetting a little. it was great off the bottom, and pretty good in the high rpm range, but no mid range at all. i packed it in early because it was just dangerous. i would roll it on out of a corner and everything would be fine but then as i hit the mid range on the face of a jump there was just nothing there at all, came short bad on some stuff. the suspension works great though :p  kinda felt like it just stopped revving once i hit the mid range, a weird feeling for a 2 stroke. hopefully i can get it worked out

it was great off the bottom, and pretty good in the high rpm range, but no mid range at all. i,,,,,,ditto& i have leaned the needle out big time

What are your values for squish clearance and kick over compression? No point chasing jetting until those two things are in range. Also your fuel octane?

it was great off the bottom, and pretty good in the high rpm range, but no mid range at all. i,,,,,,ditto& i have leaned the needle out big time

Has the squish been setup? It'll make a huge difference if it hasn't, And, as a bonus you should also pick up about an extra 3HP

Ratom98,my 325 could have been smoked by a YZ85 until I got down to around 165 on the mainjet.I ended up at 162.It felt like the midrange to me too,but the problem was that big ol' piston was sucking so hard it was drowning itself in gasoline before it could burn it with a 172 mainjet in it. The smaller main made a massive difference.That was my single biggest problem. I have the woods porting,not the mx.What mainjet are you running?