Sign in to follow this  

2000 RM 250 Plastics

Hello,

Just trying to find out what plastics I can use on a 2000 RM 250. Just looking to change the front fender and number plate to a newer style. I would like to use the fender and number plate from a new RMZ but just looking to see what would require the least modification to fit properly. Any help would be appreciated.

The bigger problem with this update is that Suzuki changed the plastic color in '01 (and newer), it went to a brighter yellow, so the newer stuff won't look right.

Consider going with some radiator shrouds from a '96 RM250, they bolt on and their yellow.  From there you could order some radiator shroud graphics for a newer model and "carefully" install them.  Here's what I did with my '99 RM250.  Used the '96 RM250 radiator shrouds, DeCal preprint numbers, FX fork & rad graphics... nothing too crazy.

1999%20RM250_Oct14_a_r.jpg

Bike looks good. I have had a hard time finding decals for these model year bikes. All the plastics on my bike are black though minus the radiator shrouds and gas tank. Whatever fender and number plate I get would be black hopefully.

I'm just not sure how the newer RMZ fender and number plate match up with these year bikes. Did some searching but all I found was stuff about the 01+ bikes. Trying to figure out if I should go with the 01+ style fender and number plate or try the newer RMZ fender and number plate. Thank you for the help and ideas though.

I'm in the process of updating an 89 to 04 RM plastics, tank and all. I found that when I mocked up the 02 subframe, everything else seemed to be really close to fitting exactly. I got the whole plastics kit from Dennis Kirk for < $100. I know this isn't an exact answer to your question but I haven't had to trim anything, just added a couple washers to get the front fender to square up.

Yeah I might just go with the 01-08 style fender. I found a few of the 99-00 bikes online where people had updated to the 01+ style fender. Just curious now if anyone has tried using the new RMZ fender and number plate on these bikes. Might just have to get them and try and see what happens. Thank you for the help everyone.