Sign in to follow this  

2014 Sherco se 300 2t advice

Been looking for a 300 woods weapon that is not a pumpkin and came across the new Sherco enduros.

Found a 2014 demo at a dealership for a very good price. Every review I have seen gives these bikes 

glowing reviews, but I would like to hear from people who actually own one of these bikes. Are they really

as good as the reviews? Reliable? Parts available? Any input appreciated!!

I have the 300 4t and yes very good bike. More people choose the 4t over the 2t when rode back to back. Parts are handled by different people here in the states but so far great service. All who rode the Sherco and my 4T Beta back to back choose the Sherco because it was more fun bike to ride. Quality build and attention to detail is amazing. Very user friendly with maintenance. Two issues I have is the seat cover is thin and the side stand and mount are weak.

You will get better 2t reviews of you go over to sherco forum.

http://shercoforum.com/

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

Love mine.

I have about 40 hours on my 2014 300 SE-R.

I rode a demo 2013 300i 4T 3 days last year and loved the bike. Almost bought it.

However for the technical mountain single track I ride I find the 2 stroke superior.

I see zero advantage to the four stroke for me. I'm very glad I went with the 2 stroke.

I was riding a 12 Gasgas 300 and 09 Ktm 450 prior.

The Sherco is by far the most comfortable bike I have been on. I am 6'3" and it just works great for me.

It is similar in stability to the Gasgas but feels much lighter and is as nimble as the ktm. Ktms feel very squirrelly to me and inspire no confidence. The sherco front tire just grips and I feel like the bike just drives itself.

The 2 maps are great!

No complaints from me! Love the handling. Feels a lot like a newer RMZ to me.

He is not talking about the tire. He is describing how the chassis feel is and how it relates to the confidence level regarding the front end.

sold out last time i looked

You may be in a hotbed of Beta  but there are a few '13 & '14 300s left over in other parts of the country.

sold out last time i looked

Then you will be very disappointed as the Sherco is or almost sold out also.

Then you will be very disappointed as the Sherco is or almost sold out also.

Ya right, thats because there were so brought in because the importer cant afford to buy more than a few at a time and joe he cant bring ANY in, ya thats a brand you want to own!!! Who cares how good it is if you cant get parts!!!!

Ya right, thats because there were so brought in because the importer cant afford to buy more than a few at a time and joe he cant bring ANY in, ya thats a brand you want to own!!! Who cares how good it is if you cant get parts!!!!

There's a lot of Sherco parts in North America, USA and Canada. The Euro spiked last winter and simply hurt all Euro manufacturers and importers. cheers