Pulled Over

You're town doesn't have a no chase policy? Just ride to the nearest trail and enter it, I mean all respect get he law but if you were riding respectfully and they're gonna go pull you over instead of stopping some sort of robbery fine, don't stop for em.

Edited by zotis777
  • Like 5

You're town doesn't have a no chase policy? Just ride to the nearest trail and enter it, I mean all respect get he law but if you were riding respectfully and they're gonna go pull you over instead of stopping some sort of robbery fine, don't stop for em.

Had a buddy who did this and they eventually found him and charged him with felony evading with $10k fine.  Now he is a convicted felon from just riding a dirt bike.  Think about your future and you ability to get a job, no one is going to hire a convicted felon.

• Like 4

Believe it or not, when that happened to me in '08 it turned out to be a really good thing.

The (female) cop was really cool - she 'd gotten a complaint from one of my neighbors (she gave me the complete name, a schoolteacher with migraines) about another PITA rider from a nearby street, and told me she wasn't there for me (no ticket).  She asked why my bike wasn't registered?  I told her I couldn't, it was a dirt bike, blah blah - she said why not try?  Long story short, I registered both my Hondas (CT pre-'81 loophole) and now drive to trails all over the place - plus I know which neighbor complained, so I take it easy past their house and they never complained again.

It actually would have been worth the price of a ticket. ?

Ray

• Like 2

Had a buddy who did this and they eventually found him and charged him with felony evading with $10k fine. Now he is a convicted felon from just riding a dirt bike. Think about your future and you ability to get a job, no one is going to hire a convicted felon.

See I didn't know it could be felony evading, and my town Is small enough 9/10 times if you're riding respectfully they don't care.

I don't ride on the street anyways I can't use tires like that, klx110 is it. There's this one &%$#@! who rides an rm250 on the street who will top out 6th in neighborhoods, and wheelie. Kind of prick who ruins it for everyone......

See I didn't know it could be felony evading, and my town Is small enough 9/10 times if you're riding respectfully they don't care.

I don't ride on the street anyways I can't use tires like that, klx110 is it. There's this one &%$#@! who rides an rm250 on the street who will top out 6th in neighborhoods, and wheelie. Kind of prick who ruins it for everyone......

Neither did he, cops were being real @holes.  Bottom line is that a cop change charge you with whatever they want, and it is up to you to prove your innocence, and it is your word against theirs.  I have a plate on my bike and are done with that nonsense.

Neither did he, cops were being real @holes. Bottom line is that a cop change charge you with whatever they want, and it is up to you to prove your innocence, and it is your word against theirs. I have a plate on my bike and are done with that nonsense.

Per always, and I'm done with the in the street nonsense, I'll let the people who are giving riders in this town a bad name get porked for their 6th gear wheelies

Doesn't look street legal. I have no sympathy for you, "bro"[/quote

Awh no sympathy?:/

I was wondering how other riders think of dirt bikes on roads, even if i wasn't riding like a dick-head

I am glad the cops were reasonable and pretty cool about it, instructing you to come back and pick it up with a pickup/street legal vehicle.  My gripe is that even though you probably were just tooling around at a reasonable speed, it still sends the wrong message to folks unfamiliar with motorcycles in general.  I guess my original point is you were breaking a law and the cop acted appropriately as did whoever turned you in (if someone did).  The punishment was fair IMO.

• Like 1

I am glad the cops were reasonable and pretty cool about it, instructing you to come back and pick it up with a pickup/street legal vehicle. My gripe is that even though you probably were just tooling around at a reasonable speed, it still sends the wrong message to folks unfamiliar with motorcycles in general. I guess my original point is you were breaking a law and the cop acted appropriately as did whoever turned you in (if someone did). The punishment was fair IMO.

I enjoy peoples feedback, I'm not going to get worked up over someones comments/quotes,

And it was my fault for giving the cop a chance. I was riding with two of my friends and they were legal , one a dual sport and a older honda 750. We had a smoke then left and i went back the way we came instead of continuing the loop so once i noticed them not following me i turned around, unfortunately in front of an unmarked. So i saw no point in beginning a pursuit in a county i don't live in.

If i was on my 450 this thread wouldn't be.

Victimless crimes and not crimes in my opinion...But respect the police, they have the guns!!

I agree with you.
  • Like 1