Can the gytr tuner save my bike?!?!

Hey guys I recently made a post about my 13yz450 not starting after dropping my bike a few times in Montrose, CO. After taking the bike apart, I found that I had gotten dirt/mud in my kill switch, which was causing the bike to not get a spark. (After cleaning the switch the bike ran just fine) now this past weekend I went riding for a whole 200yrds before the bike started to bog then die. Later on that evening I take apart the bike to see why my bike is once agin not getting spark. I've checked the plug, the kill switch, the ground, and stator. Now my question for you guys is; will the gytr tuner tell me what is going on with the bike??? I'm curious to know if it's like a cel(check engine light) reader for a car?? And is it worth the 230 or however much it is??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey GREYRACER does the reader tell you were things are going bad on the bike? Because we are testing coils, stator, and everything on the bike and still can't get a spark. The only thing we can't test it the ecu. Any ideas?

The tuner will tell you what is wrong. I have had one since 2010. I have a 2014 now and the coil went out. Plugged the tuner in and it said coil. I did like the manual said. I even jiggled wires and then started bike. The code went back to zero.

For safeties sake, I replaced the coil and spark plug cap afterwards. Didn't want the bikes coil to get hot and conk out over a large jump.

Upon replacement, I think just the wire leads had just a little corrosion, hence when I jiggled the wires, it worked.

Question: Should I use dielectric grease on the leads to lessen the corrosion? The coil on the 14 sits right behind the airbox, and I think it gets a little water from the hand holes in the seat and it drips down there. My bike might stay damp for days after I wash it and store it in a garage.

thanks

Edited by Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Your coil should be up aginst the subframe just like mine. And I try to air off the bike with a compressor and towel right after washing it. And you don't need to put that stuff on the plug. It should be about time that I invest in the gytr power tuner to read codes.

Your coil should be up aginst the subframe just like mine. And I try to air off the bike with a compressor and towel right after washing it. And you don't need to put that stuff on the plug. It should be about time that I invest in the gytr power tuner to read codes.

I'm talking about the spade terminals on the coil.   The coil is located under the tank behind the airbox on a newer generation YZ450, in this case a 2014.  FYI 

coil_zpse473e56f.jpg