Finally Upgraded! FZ07

So most of you know my 14' drz got stolen. Luckily insurance covered everything. About a month ago picked up a Honda Grom just to fart around on and Saturday picked up a 15' FZ07 :-) I wanted a FZ09 but insurance was going to be $1900 a year! No thanks.. 07 is only $700 a year. And bike was $8026 OTD. Really liking it so far! Much more power than I thought it would have. 3rd gear clutch up wheelies no problem.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408551649.042260.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408551666.681430.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408551685.263717.jpg

• Like 9

What a beauty, glad it all worked out for you, must be nice having a 6th gear, fuel injection and double the HP of the SM .

ya it's so nice, 70 mph at 5000 rpm :-)

great looking bike, lots of MV Augusta kind of shaping

thank you. Ya it does. I like it
  • Like 2

Nice score!  I sat on an FZ07 at the dealer yesterday and it was very comfortable and neutral feeling.  He didn't have any 09's, said they sold out almost immediately.  He rode one though and confirmed the massive torque spread, said it was hard to keep the front wheel on the ground.  He said the 07 is great too, awesome torque and great real world useable power, not to mention the comfort.

• Like 1

It's got way more power than the drz that's for sure lol I can't even imagine what the 09 is like. Doesn't even seem like it would be enjoyable with that much power. I can come around a corner in 2nd and hit and the front wheel comes off the ground. Not to mention 50-60mpg is nice

• Like 1

Gotcha. You can dial down the power with the different power settings on the 09, not sure about the 07.

Yeah, extra power, fuel injection, 6th gear, and probably an oil sight glass. It ticks all the boxes on the DRZ dream list.

• Like 2

. Really liking it so far! Much more power than I thought it would have. 3rd gear clutch up wheelies no problem.📎

Good move...  The FZ07 looks like fun.  Is it as much fun to ride as the DRZ SM?  With only about 80 more lbs (or so) over the SM but over twice the power, it should be fun...  We are going to need some follow up reports from you as you get a few miles on it...

So what mods do you have planned for this thing already?

• Like 2

Im waiting to see if u find urself missing the drz. Cool bike though if I were to get another bike it be the fz07 but I think I would find myself getting too many tickets lol or pushing it too hard. My skill level isnt quite there yet

• Like 2

Good move... The FZ07 looks like fun. Is it as much fun to ride as the DRZ SM? With only about 80 more lbs (or so) over the SM but over twice the power, it should be fun... We are going to need some follow up reports from you as you get a few miles on it...

So what mods do you have planned for this thing already?

I haven't done much twisties on it yet but so far it's much more fun than the SM.. Having that power coming out of the corners is so fun!

So far I made my own rear fender delete. Gotta finish it when the plate gets here. And put a USB charge port on it. Want to re-flash the ECU when they come out with something and put a 2 bros pipe on it when they make one. Yamaha makes some really nice accessories for the bike that I want. Including saddlebags.

• Like 1