Sign in to follow this  

Softgoods/Gear Talk - Need Opinions

Okay, so I'm looking at Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar kit with their Scout boots. Does anyone have any experience with any of these pieces? (Particularly the Scout boots)

I'm looking for 4-season gear on a budget. Thanks

• Like 1

Okay, so I'm looking at Alpinestars Valparaiso Drystar kit with their Scout boots. Does anyone have any experience with any of these pieces? (Particularly the Scout boots)

I'm looking for 4-season gear on a budget. Thanks

Holly Molly ....  :shocked:  that drystar jacket is big bucks !!! 

I have some Klim pants and need to get a Jacket and was thinking of the lattitude but, this Jacket looks good as well ... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/65126/i/klim-induction-jacket

For the money and Klim having such a super strong rep when it comes to Jackets ... you may want to consider them ....  :excuseme:

Those boots look very nice ...  :thumbsup:  I am happy with my Gaerne's but mine are the oil-balance ones ... the adventure ones are the same money. Those Scouts have some great reviews ...  :ride:

That is some quality stuff you have chosen and I would not consider that "budget gear" ....  :p

Holly Molly ....  :shocked:  that drystar jacket is big bucks !!! 

I have some Klim pants and need to get a Jacket and was thinking of the lattitude but, this Jacket looks good as well ... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/65126/i/klim-induction-jacket

For the money and Klim having such a super strong rep when it comes to Jackets ... you may want to consider them ....  :excuseme:

Those boots look very nice ...  :thumbsup:  I am happy with my Gaerne's but mine are the oil-balance ones ... the adventure ones are the same money. Those Scouts have some great reviews ...  :ride:

That is some quality stuff you have chosen and I would not consider that "budget gear" ....  :p

It's the bigger brother line to the Andes Drystar kit. (Which is pretty darn affordable!)

I commute on a motorcycle year round most days so good gear is fairly important to me. I've put it off for over a year but need to get something before we head into another winter. 15 miles is a long way at 25F. I'm also considering the Andes lineup. My buddy has a 2014 set and loves it. Keep him very warm in the winter and safe in the summer. Both lines come with two removable layers - a waterproof layer and a winter/insulation layer. I think they are some of the cheapest and best options on the market right now for ADV-inspired gear.

I suppose I could also do black leathers and chaps.  :ride:

• Like 1

You might consider the Gerbing line of heated jacket-pants socks and gloves--I have the Jacket and gloves--with a thermostat they work great--Made in Union Washington and good after sales rep too--good stuff for my money :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You might consider the Gerbing line of heated jacket-pants socks and gloves--I have the Jacket and gloves--with a thermostat they work great--Made in Union Washington and good after sales rep too--good stuff for my money :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder if the little CRF can handle all that heated gear.  :thinking:

I like this idea: http://www.amazon.com/Gerbing-Heated-Vest-Liner-Motorcycle/dp/B00EZWQKMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-2&keywords=Gerbing+vest

Grab a vest and some heated gloves for winter. Surely the CRF could handle just those two things.

Edited by K.Ray
  • Like 2

It's the bigger brother line to the Andes Drystar kit. (Which is pretty darn affordable!)

I commute on a motorcycle year round most days so good gear is fairly important to me. I've put it off for over a year but need to get something before we head into another winter. 15 miles is a long way at 25F. I'm also considering the Andes lineup. My buddy has a 2014 set and loves it. Keep him very warm in the winter and safe in the summer. Both lines come with two removable layers - a waterproof layer and a winter/insulation layer. I think they are some of the cheapest and best options on the market right now for ADV-inspired gear.

I suppose I could also do black leathers and chaps.  :ride:

Oh I do not think it is a waste of cash at all .... I want a Klim Jacket to match my pants and I know the stuff will out live me and protect me when needed ....  :thumbsup:

I like what you have picked out so far .... looks like good stuff to me ..  :cheers:

and please continue to share and post some feedback when and if you get the stuff ...  :thumbsup:

I wonder if the little CRF can handle all that heated gear.  :thinking:

I like this idea: http://www.amazon.com/Gerbing-Heated-Vest-Liner-Motorcycle/dp/B00EZWQKMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-2&keywords=Gerbing+vest

Grab a vest and some heated gloves for winter. Surely the CRF could handle just those two things.

the gerbing jacket liner has heat in the arms--a much more warmth than the vest--My CRF will pull the jacket and gloves i know--Has not been a problem so far!! Jackets have armor and are waterproof -plus lots of zippers for the warm days also- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by USMCVietVet
  • Like 1

Oh I do not think it is a waste of cash at all .... I want a Klim Jacket to match my pants and I know the stuff will out live me and protect me when needed ....  :thumbsup:

I like what you have picked out so far .... looks like good stuff to me ..  :cheers:

and please continue to share and post some feedback when and if you get the stuff ...  :thumbsup:

You're such an enabler!  :rolleyes:

the gerbing jacket liner has heat in the arms--a much more warmth than the vest--My CRF will pull the jacket and gloves i know--Has not been a problem so far!! Jackets have armor and are waterproof -plus lots of zippers for the warm days also- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was thinking layering the vest under a different jacket. I have a phobia of wearing all black murdered out gear. Way too hard to see. I like bright white or yellow.

K.ray what helmet are you using for winter?

That crappy old Bilt Explorer thing. It's megabad but gets the job done during the winter(barely). Honest, it's been a fantastic helmet during the summer. It's a smig heavy but I've really enjoyed it otherwise.

I'm going to purchase a new helmet this fall. It's a toss up between the ICON Variant and the Arai XD-4 at the moment. 

• Like 1

You're such an enabler!  :rolleyes:

I was thinking layering the vest under a different jacket. I have a phobia of wearing all black murdered out gear. Way too hard to see. I like bright white or yellow.

That crappy old Bilt Explorer thing. It's megabad but gets the job done during the winter(barely). Honest, it's been a fantastic helmet during the summer. It's a smig heavy but I've really enjoyed it otherwise.

I'm going to purchase a new helmet this fall. It's a toss up between the ICON Variant and the Arai XD-4 at the moment. 

Gerbing has colored jackets mine is a deep red with black armor--reflective stripes on the back and shoulders also!!

If you get a heated garment make sure you get one with a rheostat --NOT just an on/off switch--I had a BMW vest that way and it's never the right temp unless you have the rheostat to control the heat!! :facepalm::ride: :ride:

The GMax D11 with the cold weather kit is a good cheap helmet that will not fog up on you and keep your mug all snug and warm

Better yet go to Arizona like i do in the winter and stay WARM!!! :applause::excuseme::banana: :banana: :banana:

The GMax D11 with the cold weather kit is a good cheap helmet that will not fog up on you and keep your mug all snug and warm

I've got the 11DS (pretty much the same thing ) I like it

I've got the 11DS (pretty much the same thing ) I like it

Mine is the DS too ... "Dual Sport"

It is a nice helmet for the money 207 bucks and has speaker pockets and optional accessories ... the cold weather kit is awesome ... I posted somewhere about it with video

• Like 1

Mine is the DS too ... "Dual Sport"

It is a nice helmet for the money 207 bucks and has speaker pockets and optional accessories ... the cold weather kit is awesome ... I posted somewhere about it with video

i payed just a tad over $100 for mine. Sorry my bad....its a 11s thought it was 11ds http://thehelmetman.com/snow-helmets/gmax-gm11s-snow-sport-black-snowcross-helmet/
  • Like 2

i payed just a tad over $100 for mine. Sorry my bad....its a 11s thought it was 11ds http://thehelmetman.com/snow-helmets/gmax-gm11s-snow-sport-black-snowcross-helmet/

it is the exact same helmet but, the "S" is a snow helmet and comes with the cold weather kit ...  :thumbsup: The "DS" is a dual sport helmet and does not ...

so ... you saved a few bucks ....   :applause:

• Like 1

Need some info...

Want to get a FOX titan jacket but shops in my town can't be bothered stocking all the sizes and only have tiny little ones on the shelf.... :banghead:

Best option is order online but scared i'll get the wrong size.

usually take a large/xlarge t-shirt size...

$86 on Amazon. Hmmmmm

http://www.amazon.com/G-Max-GM11S-Helmet-Black-G2110024/dp/B00BLQE5J4/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1408623748&sr=8-20&keywords=Gmax+GM11S

I really want the ICON Variant. It has a breath box available for a few extra bucks. I just love how light that helmet is and how soft the inner padding is. They also did a fantastic job with aerodynamics. I could turn my head to lane-change with no issue at all.

Edited by K.Ray
  • Like 3