Sign in to follow this  

Bought a DRZ400s 2000 14 years ago; and a 2011 today…..

My first post here….I bought a DRZ 400s (Yellow) in 2000 here at Fort Bragg, NC….rode it for a while then gave it to my nephew with less than 1000 miles on it…..he recently gave it back to me with about 1500 miles on it, but it hasn't been ridden in a few years; he wrecked it…hurt his leg and quit riding…..today….I just bought another 2011 DRZ 400s today (white, my least favorite color), it's like new with a little over 1,000 miles….pick it up tomorrow…love these bikes can't wait to get both built up….this site is awesome for helping…. 

• Like 2

Congrats,  why do you need 2 tho?

One with SM wheels and one for offroad!

• Like 3

You could have one bike that does it all ok, or you could have two bikes that excel in their specific fields.  One bike with really good knobbies and super tight gears, and another with supermoto trim and an ACT wide gear set.  I can dream, can't I?

• Like 2

But it's a Dual Sport not a single sport!

It also can be a super moto, dual sport or a dirt bike.  I often ride my S an hour north to the trails and it's great for that, but i often wish i had an sm for the coastal twisties and around town.

• Like 1

You could have one bike that does it all ok, or you could have two bikes that excel in their specific fields.  One bike with really good knobbies and super tight gears, and another with supermoto trim and an ACT wide gear set.  I can dream, can't I?

If i was to have 2 seperate bikes,  one for purely dirt and one for purely street,  neither would be a DRZ,  the DRZ is a compromise that does them both OK  :smirk:

• Like 1

The wrecked one for spares..?....

Having  2 of the near same bikes was hard for me to justify.( xtra rego and insurance costs)..like they could practically do the same stuff ....  :excuseme:

• Like 1

My first post here….I bought a DRZ 400s (Yellow) in 2000 here at Fort Bragg, NC….rode it for a while then gave it to my nephew with less than 1000 miles on it…..he recently gave it back to me with about 1500 miles on it, but it hasn't been ridden in a few years; he wrecked it…hurt his leg and quit riding…..today….I just bought another 2011 DRZ 400s today (white, my least favorite color), it's like new with a little over 1,000 miles….pick it up tomorrow…love these bikes can't wait to get both built up….this site is awesome for helping…. 

Off topic, but does your avatar denote a recent occasion.?

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1

Off topic, but does your avatar denote a recent occasion.?

It was taken 23 years ago….My mother recently passed away and I just starting using that photo as an avatar to remember her…..thanks….

• Like 2

It was taken 23 years ago….My mother recently passed away and I just starting using that photo as an avatar to remember her…..thanks….

I was going to say your wife or gf could ride one bike n you the other. And that is a good profile picture... very pretty majorbanjo ☺. Sorry to hear about you mother passing.
  • Like 1

I was going to say your wife or gf could ride one bike n you the other. And that is a good profile picture... very pretty majorbanjo ☺. Sorry to hear about you mother passing.

+1 on that..Sorry to hear about your Mum.. :(

Edited by Craig-o