Sign in to follow this  

Famous yz bog

So I did the o ring mod and got the bike to not bog with a quick flip of the throttle on the stand, but I am having to run my fuel screw 3 turns out to keep from having a hanging idle. My issue is when I am lugging it around the yard in first mostly and get on it hard it bogs for a few seconds then takes off. I'm leaning towards moving the needle up one clip unless anyone else has any recommendations?

... i use a JD kit and put my adjustable leak jet @40 insted of the 60 that JD says to use... i also used an AP timing tool supplied by boyesen with my QS3 to set the AP timing before i added the oring on the AP...i use a 185mj, red needle with clip 4th from top, stock pilot jet, 2 turns out on fuel and use 96 octane fuel (mixed: 1 gal of 110 with 2 gals of 93)... i found that the 60 leak jet would let my bike have a slower throttle response than 40 leak jet which gave my bike a cripsy throttle response...

Edited by deafrider250f

No it does not...JD uses a 60 leak jet with the kit... i brought a quickshot from boyesen which is an adjustable leak jet... you can buy a 40 leak jet and install it insted of the 60 leak jet... JD kit will have 2 needles...a red one for normal everyday temps and a blue one for cold temps, like 5-6 differ main jets to suit differ altitudes and or an aftermarket slip on/ full system... i first used the JD kit with the stock exhaust and gytr muffler insert and was happy with the performance...

Before I buy the kit I just want to make sure I'm not expecting too much from the bike. I've always had a 2 stoke and this is my first 4. If I am just lugging around in 1st probably lower than idle if given full throttle should it not bog or is that normal?