Sign in to follow this  

CR250 Frame Help?

I purchased a 1987 CR250R, a little more than a rollin frame to rebuild and flat track. I have a clymer manual on order but can anyone tell me what the "stud" in front of the steering neck is? It sticks up right in front of the triple tree. Thanks for any help...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408573838.266320.jpg

Excellent...! Thank you so much! I keep looking at pictures of frames on the net and most of them don't have it. Was this an option type thing for just some bikes?

I guess what I am asking is.... Was this an install that someone probably added the tower to the frame or did Honda ever offer this on an 87 from the factory if you know?

But again, thank you! That's why ThumperTalk kicks butt! There are so many knowledgeable people to get info from here.

This is my first build and yes, I don't know anything about 250's much less a 2stroke. But I am a 2wheel fanatic!!! That has to count for something!!!! Lol

Edited by MotoHead_328

Good to know, thanks Happy G! I was planning on removing it when I was told what it was due to flat tracking the bike. But wanted to know anyway...