Sign in to follow this  

IT WORKS!

Hello all!

I'd never owned a dirt bike before, but have been riding on the street for years now. I finally got someone to take me out on some trails here in Reno, Nevada and had a blast! After scouring craigslist for an XR400, I found and bought a 2005 YZ250F about 2 weeks ago with money I got from selling a mountain bike. The rod seized on the crank and the guy just didn't have the experience to try and fix it so he let it got for a very reasonable price. I bought bottom and top end kits, a new cam chain, and a new cylinder since the piston smacked into the old cylinder when the rod seized. Got it all buttoned up on Saturday and mounted into the frame and fired up on Sunday. Yesterday, I went for my first ride on it. I could not be more pleased! Both with the bike for being so much fun and with myself for having correctly rebuilt a motor.

It's got a full yoshi exhaust and Hot Cams cams (not sure which ones...assuming stage 1) and it just ate up anything my beginner self could throw at it. I look forward to riding the piss out of it and leaning on all of you for tips and tricks for getting the most out of one of these things.

war6szd.jpg

Hello all!

I'd never owned a dirt bike before, but have been riding on the street for years now. I finally got someone to take me out on some trails here in Reno, Nevada and had a blast! After scouring craigslist for an XR400, I found and bought a 2005 YZ250F about 2 weeks ago with money I got from selling a mountain bike. The rod seized on the crank and the guy just didn't have the experience to try and fix it so he let it got for a very reasonable price. I bought bottom and top end kits, a new cam chain, and a new cylinder since the piston smacked into the old cylinder when the rod seized. Got it all buttoned up on Saturday and mounted into the frame and fired up on Sunday. Yesterday, I went for my first ride on it. I could not be more pleased! Both with the bike for being so much fun and with myself for having correctly rebuilt a motor.

It's got a full yoshi exhaust and Hot Cams cams (not sure which ones...assuming stage 1) and it just ate up anything my beginner self could throw at it. I look forward to riding the piss out of it and leaning on all of you for tips and tricks for getting the most out of one of these things.

Congrats on the rebuild and owning a new to you bike. Sounds like you got a great deal.