Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 4 stroke

Usually means it's lean. It is common to see a slight glow when it is idling and the light is low/at night. But nothing to extreme. Again, probably lean and a rejet is in the future

Had a 45 pilot in it and was getting red so I put a 50 in it and seems to much and is acting like it's getting to much gas

Clean the passage above the pilot jet....it it probably partially clogged....with spray cleaner and fishing line

Replace oring on fuel screw and adjust

Replace nut on hot start, clean hot start passage and plunger and grease.

Yeah 50 pilot seems to high

Is it an aftermarket header? When does it start to glow? And how intense is the glow?**dark red, cherry, bright?

08 xcf250 got a 50 pilot now had a 42 in it when I bought it. And the pipe got bright red with the 42 so I put a 50 in it and it's not getting red now but when you get in the gas and let off it stays reved for about 5 seconds then will return to idle.

I noticed that with my fathers Ktm too. Not sure if it's all ktms or a carb problem but I wouldn't worry about it

Try a 47-46 as its in between and see what that acts like if its getting to much fuel

When you turn the idle down and gas it it'll stay reved for about 5 seconds or so I have messed with jets and doesn't seem to help.

Edited by Kawasakininja

If the revs don't drop fast when the throttle is released your pilot screw is too lean

If the size of your pilot jet is correct, it should only take up to 3/4 of a turn to fix that.

Edited by some guy