Sign in to follow this  

Stalling after Rekluse install

I'm looking to see if anybody could post a picture of which screw is for adjusting the idle on the carb. I installed a recluse z start pro and now it stalls when I'm not moving. Generally happens after it sits running for about 30 seconds or longer. I just want to adjust the idle up a little. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's the black screw.  And 30 seconds is pretty good, most won't idle that long.  You'll still have to stay on the gas and at least cover the clutch through slow technical stuff, even with a rekluse on a YZ.  

• Like 1

It's the black screw.  And 30 seconds is pretty good, most won't idle that long.  You'll still have to stay on the gas and at least cover the clutch through slow technical stuff, even with a rekluse on a YZ.  

What? I have a Z start pro on my YZ and it never stalls, and all i ride is slow technical stuff out here in the PNW. The point of a rekluse is to not have a cover a clutch so if you have to do this your not set up right.. My $.02

What? I have a Z start pro on my YZ and it never stalls, and all i ride is slow technical stuff out here in the PNW. The point of a rekluse is to not have a cover a clutch so if you have to do this your not set up right.. My $.02

+1

I'm using a Core FWIW.

It's been reported that a few folks have trouble with the Rekluse/YZ combo; I'm one of them.

Either the installed gap is large and it won't stall but slips, or installed gap is small and stalls but won't slip.

I use mine set up so it won't slip, and when it gets very warm I may need to use the clutch lever here and there.

I've had extensive talks with Rekluse.

2stokin I'm gonna try some Maxima MTL 80W on Sunday, I'll let you know the results.  Been using Rotella T since day one, but I warped 2 drive plates 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

2stokin here's a tip I got last week from Patrick at Rekluse - it may help you get your installed gap correct.

Make sure the pressure plate adjuster is turned way out and hot hitting the throwout.  

Torque the pressure plate bolts, then remove one of the bolts, sleeve, and spring.

While tightening the adjuster, look through the hole where you just removed the bolt, and verify exactly when the adjuster hit the throwout.  This will verify your starting point is correct.

Rekluse generally take a while to break in. I have a Pro, a Core 1.0 and a Core 3.0. All took a while to work properly. Setting up the idle is in the installation instructions.

Edited by shagger

So do you guys think its a bad idea to bring my idle up a little bit?? I don't have any stalling problems while riding through the tight stuff. Just at idle not moving.

first things first

Get the idle fixed.

check compression

úse fresh fuel mix

clean carburettor

do float level

air cleaner clean and oiled correctly

new clean sparkplug

all clamps on inlet tract tight, no airleaks

The carb is piss easy to workon, tonnes of info on here alone

get the idle right, then adjust the clutch engage..

Anyone who says a 2T doesn't idle and won't idle well because of anything other than a mechanical problem, sorry Lads very basic stuff to be wrong on, spend more time working around bikes and learn stuff...

So do you guys think its a bad idea to bring my idle up a little bit?? I don't have any stalling problems while riding through the tight stuff. Just at idle not moving.

I'm not all that familiar with setting up the Pro.

Rekluse did tell me I may have to increase the idle a bit, and that is stated in my Core manual.

I do know with all Rekluses, the very first step is getting the installed gap/free play gain correct.

Edited by SpunBearing

I have had a couple of older model Rekluses, the last a Z Start Pro on a KTM 300. When I bought the bike the clutch was dragging so badly that I had to keep the clutch manually pulled in and give it some gas to keep the engine from stalling if idling in gear. Turned out the culprit was a notched clutch basket. Put in a new billet basket and it worked perfectly.

The notched basket was not even all that bad, but apparently was bad enough.

So do you guys think its a bad idea to bring my idle up a little bit??

NO! You are supposed to bring your idle up a bit. It also insures that you have proper engine braking.

• Like 2

2stokin, the Maxima MTL 80W made my Rekluse work perfect...first time since I installed it in October.

I suggest - since we have the exact same bike - that if you have everything installed correctly and you can't get it to work right try that 80W Maxima.

BTW Patrick at Rekluse suggested I try that.

Good luck.