Sign in to follow this  

5' 3" male looking for a 250 4 stroke

high im 15 and im probably not going to grow much more if at all since my parents arent to tall either ive been riding a TTR 125 and want a 250 since all my friends either ride a 250 or 450 but as i stated im only 5' 3" so im looking for a really short 250. 

thanks

What kind of riding will you be doing?  How long have you been riding?  There are no really short full size bikes, so you will have to make some modifications to get it more comfortable.

At your height you may be better off with a crf150rb if you really want to stick to 4 strokes.

im going to be doing mostly fast trail riding enduro type stuff with a little track here and there if you can think of a 2 stroke that might work better that would be fine to I just hate the sound of 2 strokes but I could get used to it haha.

I'd the Crf150r if you want 4 stroke or KX 100 or KTM 105 if you go 2 stroke.

Yep.. If you can find them, the KTM 105xc is a great bike, but the xc version is rare around here compared to the sx.

I think you should just go for the 250 I mean you will be able to keep up with your friends and you won't need to buy a new bike soon I'm 3 inches taller and I ride a 250 2 stroke can't touch but you don't need to once you get going just hop on over to a side to put your foot down the 250 will be a lot more fun to!

Get an 85.

One of my riding buddies is about your size, he rides a kx85 and is faster then 95% of the guys we go with in the woods. He's a good rider and I have trouble keeping up with him. They're smaller and lighter.

No offence but you're not big enough to handle a bike like that. They're too tall and long and you will never be comfortable. Get an 85 or a kx100 for the time being and wait until you grow a bit. If you don't, so what? An 85 makes not much less power then a 125 but is significantly lighter and if you're light too, speed is no problem at all. 

Handling is what makes you fast and you'll be too small to fully handle a 250f. I'm 5'8 and I felt that my height held me back

Get an 85.

One of my riding buddies is about your size, he rides a kx85 and is faster then 95% of the guys we go with in the woods. He's a good rider and I have trouble keeping up with him. They're smaller and lighter.

No offence but you're not big enough to handle a bike like that. They're too tall and long and you will never be comfortable. Get an 85 or a kx100 for the time being and wait until you grow a bit. If you don't, so what? An 85 makes not much less power then a 125 but is significantly lighter and if you're light too, speed is no problem at all. 

Handling is what makes you fast and you'll be too small to fully handle a 250f. I'm 5'8 and I felt that my height held me back from being able to fully control the bike. 

Get the bike that's right for you instead of trying to make something work and screw your riding buddies, get what your comfortable on. Riding is a whole lot more fun when you don't give a sh1t what your buddies are doing, that's for sure.

The 150RB is the right choice for you IMO,

The 180 kit seems to rip pretty good to me

Yep, power to weight ratio will be pretty close to a 250f, you don't have to be on the same size bike to be as fast or faster than someone else. I ride a 09 250sx that puts out nearly 50hp, but yet there's one local kid who rides 85s and would demolish me in a race, just pure skill..

In 2-3 years you will be an adult, go with a 125 2t or 250f. Look for a crf250x or wr250x/r?, yz125 etc. it's the MX 4 strokes you need to avoid, they are high strung, high compression maintainsnce monsters, the offroad equivalents are not as bad

Good luck

A kdx200/220 might be an option as well