Sign in to follow this  

I need help 06kx450f

I recently purchased a nice 06kx450f. Love the thing to death. I put synthetic oil in it. Like an idiot I put to much in (I'm new to dirtbikes) and ran it for an hour. I redone the oil back to basic oil (I know it's bad to switch brands let alone styles). Then it started squealing. I figured out it was the clutch plates sticking and fixed that no problem. But now there's a super loud noise from the right side of the bike but only when it gets warmed up. Any ideas? I pulled the valve cover and notice chain was little slacky so I put a manual cam chain tensioner and I'm sure it's installed right. I'm just losing hope. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I fixed the squeal but it's a knock I'm hearing. Please help me. I wanna ride it but I know it's not healthy

Gotta slip the case. About 200 in tools alone. It can get difficult if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm a very good mechanic. My fathers even better, and he's a gm at a machine shop so has tons of tools. How do I tell if it's a bad bearing of if the bearing is "spun"?

Take of the cylinder and rotate the crank with the piston. If there are any parts that seem stuck or need more force then other places, the bearing is bad

I'm sorry but how do phrases such as "like an idiot i put too much in", " I redone the oil back to basic oil" and " how do I tell if it's a bad bearing or if the bearing is spun" sync up with "I'm a very good mechanic"?

I'm sorry but how do phrases such as "like an idiot i put too much in", " I redone the oil back to basic oil" and " how do I tell if it's a bad bearing or if the bearing is spun" sync up with "I'm a very good mechanic"?

I was thinking the same thing ...

Thank you guys for your help but I'm not here to argue. Thanks

Edited by JiveMonk

Gotta slip the case. About 200 in tools alone. It can get difficult if you don't know what you're doing.

How do you slip a case? 

What tools for about 200 would one need to slip a case?

How do you slip a case?

What tools for about 200 would one need to slip a case?

It's gonna be easier if you look at a video. Tusk has great videos on how to spilt a case including all the tools you'll need