OX-Brake left hand rear brake

Still waiting on a replacement adjustable slave cylinder from Rekluse. New bike. 1.5 hours on it and I can't ride it. Err ...

What was wrong with your slave cylinder?  

When I installed mine, it did NOT act like what I thought it was going to act like from reading the instructions.  I have my adjustable screw turned out WAY further than I would think that it should be, but it works, so I wasn't concerned.  I just thought that it should have been further in than it is.  I also seem to have to "tweak" mine quite often, but again, I just figured that was part of everything wearing in.  It has gotten better lately, now that I have 40 hours on it or so...

CADman_KS

In searching for the GP Tech model, I came across the CLAKE (CLutch And braKE) from Australia.  That is an interesting unit, but it is pricey!

They do have an interesting option for the hydraulically actuated brakes called the SLR (staggered lever retrofit).  That actually looks like it might work well, and the level looks like it would be in the correct position.

CADman_KS

• 1 month later...

Yes, sorry I thought I had posted an update here on the OX-Brake.

I installed the OB initially with the stock clutch on my bike, a 2014 KTM 350EXC-F.  I had to replace the stock headlight/combo switch with a Sicass unit because you need to slide the clutch perch inboard about 3/4" and that caused the knurled adjuster nut for the clutch  handle to interfere with the back of the stock HS.

Once the Sicass switch was installed (plug and play) install went without a hitch.

So....I went out riding and found out quickly that basically you can't use the LHRB with a stock clutch because your hand is "busy" with the clutch lever.  I kinda figured this but I like to try stuff out.

A couple of weeks later I talked myself into buying a Rekluse EXP 3.0 auto-clutch for my bike.  

Bottom line.................AMAZING...............!!!     There were no issues installing the auto-clutch and now the LHRB is used all the time off road.  When I'm on road I use the foot brake for a more solid feel/action.  But in the dirt the LHRB works GREAT !!     I get a more balanced/planted , on the bike feel,  using the LHRB.  And much easier to modulate the rear brake vs. my off road boots poor brake pedal feel.

These photos were taken before auto-clutch install.

Dave

15067575422_4358654ea1_c.jpg14881384627_77619ce822_c.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, sorry I thought I had posted an update here on the OX-Brake.

I installed the OB initially with the stock clutch on my bike, a 2014 KTM 350EXC-F.  I had to replace the stock headlight/combo switch with a Sicass unit because you need to slide the clutch perch inboard about 3/4" and that caused the knurled adjuster nut for the clutch  handle to interfere with the back of the stock HS.

Once the Sicass switch was installed (plug and play) install went without a hitch.

So....I went out riding and found out quickly that basically you can't use the LHRB with a stock clutch because your hand is "busy" with the clutch lever.  I kinda figured this but I like to try stuff out.

A couple of weeks later I talked myself into buying a Rekluse EXP 3.0 auto-clutch for my bike.  

Bottom line.................AMAZING...............!!!     There were no issues installing the auto-clutch and now the LHRB is used all the time off road.  When I'm on road I use the foot brake for a more solid feel/action.  But in the dirt the LHRB works GREAT !!     I get a more balanced/planted , on the bike feel,  using the LHRB.  And much easier to modulate the rear brake vs. my off road boots poor brake pedal feel.

These photos were taken before auto-clutch install.

Dave

15067575422_4358654ea1_c.jpg14881384627_77619ce822_c.jpg

What brand of hand guards are those?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A buddy mentioned Clake to me but lordy...$$$. Found Ox when trolling for LHRB's and sent them a few questions. The guy called me within a couple of minutes...shocked me. I've got a 501S and he mentioned that a Sicass switch was needed. I suppose because it's narrower. But, I'm glad to hear that Ox is ok but I'm leaning more toward Rukluse because it's hydraulic which, I think, would be easier to modulate.

Ox concerns: cable operated and may be prone to stretching and breaking because it's a back brake which would require more effort. The brake lever down by the master cylinder looks short which would require more leverage to lock up and it looks vulnerable. Just observations so refute please. Ox is $140 plus $40 for the switch from Sicass (that Ox sells) vs $300 for Rekluse and $800 for Clake.