Sign in to follow this  

Poll: are black rims overused?

I've been thinking about this for a while. After watching the supercross and motocross season this past year I've noticed 99.9% of riders run them. Not only that most of us regular joes either have them or want them. Is it because we like them or is it because most our bikes come with silver rims stock? Or is it because we want A60's or dirt star st-x's which only come in black. I recently bought a set of black dirt star stx for my steed but they only come in black to my knowledge. I find myself asking would I have bought them in silver if they were available? After mounting them I've discovered that I don't think they look as good as the silvers on my ride. Not that it matters that much but since I've been in the market I've got an eye out on everyone else's bikes ha! I don't dislike black rims nor do I love them but it seems like people hate the silver rims these days and avoid them like the plague. I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. Let me know what you think.

• Like 2

I've been thinking about this for a while. After watching the supercross and motocross season this past year I've noticed 99.9% of riders run them. Not only that most of us regular joes either have them or want them. Is it because we like them or is it because most our bikes come with silver rims stock? Or is it because we want A60's or dirt star st-x's which only come in black. I recently bought a set of black dirt star stx for my steed but they only come in black to my knowledge. I find myself asking would I have bought them in silver if they were available? After mounting them I've discovered that I don't think they look as good as the silvers on my ride. Not that it matters that much but since I've been in the market I've got an eye out on everyone else's bikes ha! I don't dislike black rims nor do I love them but it seems like people hate the silver rims these days and avoid them like the plague. I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. Let me know what you think.

I'm fine with silver, and willing to give up the (claimed) extra 5 HP.

Mike

• Like 8

black looks good with all color schemes so manufacturers make a lot of em. silver are ok but most people have had plenty of bikes with silver rims over the years, so for me at least its nice to have something different

• Like 2

I like gold and black but it seems like everybody has black rims.. For bikes that I will get aftermarket rims on they will be the same color as my bike.. Red on my Honda blue on my Yamaha.

you could put orange on the two and you would be much faster!
  • Like 3

I really like the look of black rims but I guess that is because I'm used to silver. Once I have seen as many bikes with black rims as I have with silver I think I will probably still favor the black but not by much. Anything different from the norm is nice in my opinion

• Like 1

Black just looks awesome. It is certainly becoming more common these days but even if it is 'played out', I'd still take it all day over silver. Look at the blue '14 YZFs and then at the blue '15s. In my opinion, the black rims look so much better. I do like yellow on Suzukis and Blue on YZs from time to time, but can't go wrong with black on any of the brands.

Personally I love the silver, makes the wheels look damn good.

And even on cars and trucks. As well as bikes, I hate black. It's dumb it just looks like it's part of the tire, same with cars it's just a spinning black circle under your car.

Cars I love aftermarket white, bikes it's whatever is interesting. My bike I'll probably either leave the silver or powder coat stock to a white, but a lot of the bike is eventually gonna be white so it would fir

• Like 1

I like the black rims on my bike.

If I had a bike with plain rims, I wouldn't change them for the colour. If I broke one and had to change it, black would be an option.

Personally I love the silver, makes the wheels look damn good.

And even on cars and trucks. As well as bikes, I hate black. It's dumb it just looks like it's part of the tire, same with cars it's just a spinning black circle under your car.

Cars I love aftermarket white, bikes it's whatever is interesting. My bike I'll probably either leave the silver or powder coat stock to a white, but a lot of the bike is eventually gonna be white so it would fir

I have a street bike with white rims..... you have to keep on top of it. The previous owner didn't, now they look shyte.

Once re powder coated they'll look race as &%$#@!.

• Like 4

I like the black rims on my bike.

If I had a bike with plain rims, I wouldn't change them for the colour. If I broke one and had to change it, black would be an option.

I have a street bike with white rims..... you have to keep on top of it. The previous owner didn't, now they look shyte.

Once re powder coated they'll look race as &%$#@!.

I love street bikes with white too, they always look sick

I love street bikes with white too, they always look sick

Mine doesn't at the moment. It looks like parts.

This picture is worth 1000 words to describe the bike. Case half in the foreground, chassis in the background.

DSC05967_zps72559c87.jpg

Sometimes fixer uppers aren't a good idea.

• Like 3

Who cares what color the rims are? 

What really sucks is that they only make BLACK tires.  I think that is racist.

• Like 5