Sign in to follow this  

2008 crf250x motor into 2005 crf250r

G'day guys I am new to this site but have been riding for years. I hope this doesn't sound stupid. I mainly ride my 2007cr 250r for moto x but recently I bought a 2005 crf250r for a good price at the time. I put about 25 hours on the crf and did all the specified maintenance on the bike. Anyway I was riding it on my moto x track on my farm and the crf locked up the bottom end and spat the bottom end through the crankcase very messy indeed. I have a mate who is selling a 2008 crf 250x engine for a good deal. I was just wondering how hard this conversion will be. I am wondering if I can use the 2005 crf250r carb and ignition I am planing on fitting the 250x motor in the 250r frame and fitting a bigger fuel tank and changing sprocket ratios to set it up for enduro riding. The electric start will not be used i plan to just Have the kickstart saving weight as no battery will be needed. I am planning on setting up the crf for enduro work and keeping my cr250 for its usual track work cheers guys any info would be great nice forum.