Sign in to follow this  

125sx Suggestions Requested

I've got a 2002 125sx that I have been working on for about a year now. I've read everything I can here about troubleshooting this bike. Stock exhaust. New Wiseco piston and rings, cleaned and functioning PV, new plug, new packing, clean air filter. I've cleaned the carb and jetted with many combinations but am at 50 pilot, 190 main, 1469G on second clip, mix 32:1 Amsoil Dominator. I live at 1300 ft elevation, temps 70-80 degrees.

The problem I am having is choppy, stuttered acceleration from half to 3/4 throttle. Wide open is fine. Starts and idles fine. Throttle response below 1/2 feels mushy, not crisp.

Any ideas are most appreciated!

Always start with a compression test and leak test.  Guess we'll assume compression is ok but what are your leak down numbers.

I'm still waiting on a leak test but compression is @168. What I did find is that it seems to be loading up easily and when I clear it out aggressively, the stutter goes away- until it loads up again. I don't race, just trail ride so I am probably not on the pipe enough. Am going to drop down to a 45 or a 48 PJ and see if that helps.