Sign in to follow this  

Dfi Couplers

what do you want? a different colour?

if you want a different mapping, it's not stored in the coupler. the coupler is just a switch

that tells the FI what preset to use,,,

what do you want? a different colour?

if you want a different mapping, it's not stored in the coupler. the coupler is just a switch

that tells the FI what preset to use,,,

I'm not looking for different colors, in specific. i want to know if there are aftermarket couplers to differently affect the fuel injection of the bike. Each coupler does a different deed toward the bikes speed and accel. I am wondering if there are custom couplers other than the stock green, white, and black couplers that change the injection in a more custom way, make it run better in different aspects then what the stock couples can. Or maybe something that can override it and make the bike like 10% faster.

Like Kawamaha said there are three maps stored in the ECM and the connectors just bridge the wires together in different combinations (like a switch). The ECM then uses that information to determine what map the ECM uses. If there are no connectors plugged in, the ECM will use the stock map. The ECM is set up to use the combinations of the three stock connectors and will probably use the stock map if the right combination is not met. So a different connector will do jack. Maybe someone can alliterate or correct me if i'm wrong.   

Are there such thing as aftermarket DFI Couplers for the 14 Kx250f?

short answer no.

1) have stock ECM re programmed but still limited.

2 ) Aftermarket ECM with lots of options and huge gains