Sign in to follow this  

BritishColumbia Looking for riding buddies in the West Bank/Peachland area

I'm a fairly new rider, I started riding last March and absolutely love riding.  I turned 40 and moved to the Okanagan and decided it was time to finally get a dirt bike considering it's the one and only thing that's been on my bucket list ever since I saw one for the first time as a kid.  

I ride a mix of track and trails and since the local track is closed for the summer I have been riding trails.   My problem is I'm fairly new to the area and my buddies that do ride,  work shifts and have new wives/girlfriends so they can only ride occassionally.  I could ride every day if I could find enough riding buddies.  

I have a very flexible work schedule and a girlfriend that would prefer I'm never around so I can basically ride any time, anywhere. 

I prefer wide open fun trails, and try to avoid the single track gnarly stuff.  I don't mind riding with fast or slow guys alhtough the really fast guys would find my riding too slow.  I ride with a mix of dirt bikers and quads, 

Let me know if you want to get out and go for a rip.

There are 2 Clubs that operate in the Okanagan-

the Okanagan Trail Riders Association (OTRA) www.okanagantrailriders.com

and the Southern Okanagan Dirt Bike Club (SODBC) www.sodbc.ca

If you have a spark arrestor and are under 96db why don't you come out to the OTRA Wednesday Night Ride at Bear Creek OHV and meet some people and get fed too? Dbl track or Sgl. Not track. We're starting back up Sept 3rd and will run for Sept 10 & 17th as well. After that it starts getting dark too early.

We had 30-70 (one night supposed +80) show up for each week in the spring but the Fall is usually less. Usually a good range of skills, ages and genders.

If you're interested let me know and I'll get you more information.

There are 2 Clubs that operate in the Okanagan-

the Okanagan Trail Riders Association (OTRA) www.okanagantrailriders.com

and the Southern Okanagan Dirt Bike Club (SODBC) www.sodbc.ca

If you have a spark arrestor and are under 96db why don't you come out to the OTRA Wednesday Night Ride at Bear Creek OHV and meet some people and get fed too? Dbl track or Sgl. Not track. We're starting back up Sept 3rd and will run for Sept 10 & 17th as well. After that it starts getting dark too early.

We had 30-70 (one night supposed +80) show up for each week in the spring but the Fall is usually less. Usually a good range of skills, ages and genders.

If you're interested let me know and I'll get you more information.

Actually I'm a fully paid member of OTRA and BCORMA.  I've actually been out to a handful of the Wednesday night rides at bear creek, great times, great people.  Sadly Wednesdays don't work out for me because I'm also a Kelowna Dirt Bike Club memeber and Wednesday night is the only night they are open, so I get my track riding fix in on Wednesday nights.  Are there any other nights/afternoons of the week that members meet up at the trails for group rides? 

I'd go to the forum on the OTRA site and post that you're looking for someone to ride with.The forum isn't really active but there's a few who watch it that might invite you out. I'm currently out of commission so no rides for me.