Sign in to follow this  

2001 250 cr vforce petal identification

I want to order new petals for my vforce reed assy., but I dont know what exactly I have. The reed assy just says "vforce", I looked around and all I can find is "vforce 3" petals. I'm confused. Does anyone know about what I have????and where I can find the needed petals?THX....

Edited by dirty_fun

I want to order new petals for my vforce reed assy., but I dont know what exactly I have. The reed assy just says "vforce", I looked around and all I can find is "vforce 3" petals. I'm confused. Does anyone know about what I have????and where I can find the needed petals?THX....

Well I don't think the 3 was out in 01'. My 01' came with a v-force delta 2, it was gray in color instead of black. they don't list replacement pedals for the delta 2 anymore. You should contact them, maybe they can still sell you a replacement or make you a good deal on a v-3.

Well I don't think the 3 was out in 01'. My 01' came with a v-force delta 2, it was gray in color instead of black. they don't list replacement pedals for the delta 2 anymore. You should contact them, maybe they can still sell you a replacement or make you a good deal on a v-3.

does your reeds say vforce2 on the outside of it?

does your reeds say vforce2 on the outside of it?

NO this is it..

007_zps1d693a7f.jpg

A cursory search of images on Google reveals:  https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=831&q=vforce+delta+2&oq=vforce+delta+2&gs_l=img.3...2384.12202.0.12953.29.23.2.2.2.3.505.2860.4j10j2j5-1.17.0....0...1ac.1.51.img..11.18.2238.q0qZotJnRdw

It appears those are Vforce Delta 2's. If that is the case, I doubt you will be able to find replacement reed petals. It may be time to step up to the Vforce 3 reed assembly. I have it on my '01 CR250 and it seems to run really well. Have not ever tried a different reed assembly so I really have no basis for comparison though-take it for what it's worth.

A cursory search of images on Google reveals: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=831&q=vforce+delta+2&oq=vforce+delta+2&gs_l=img.3...2384.12202.0.12953.29.23.2.2.2.3.505.2860.4j10j2j5-1.17.0....0...1ac.1.51.img..11.18.2238.q0qZotJnRdw

It appears those are Vforce Delta 2's. If that is the case, I doubt you will be able to find replacement reed petals. It may be time to step up to the Vforce 3 reed assembly. I have it on my '01 CR250 and it seems to run really well. Have not ever tried a different reed assembly so I really have no basis for comparison though-take it for what it's worth.

thx