Sign in to follow this  

cant start my suzuki :/

Hello, i was gone for 2 days  and when i back i couldn't start my suzuki. SOmetimes it looks like almost starts but nothing, one time  was a loud pop from exhaust, i changed plug but still nothing..

1 - drain float bowl

2 -- if that does not work try a litte starter fluid to see if your pilot might be clogged / float stuck.

3 -- check for spark

Has it always been an easy starter.?....

Gradually became harder to start over time.?..

Checked valve clearances lately.?

Do you run Ethanol added fuel.?

I noticed strange thing, when i push start button bike take air through exhaust and i can hear that. It appeared yesterday after loud pop when i was trying to start... I think thats not good..

Has it always been an easy starter.?....

Gradually became harder to start over time.?..

Checked valve clearances lately.?

Do you run Ethanol added fuel.?

Yes it starts very easy if i ride everyday, if i not than it starts littlebit harder (after 5-7seconds of pushing button)  

Last time checked last winter.

No.

I noticed strange thing, when i push start button bike take air through exhaust and i can hear that. It appeared yesterday after loud pop when i was trying to start... I think thats not good..

Post Deleted

Edited by Craig-o

Not enough info.

???

Sounds like it isn't getting enough gas, lets start simple, is the fuel petcock in the "ON" position?

Yes it is. And plug was wet 

or Does it start on "Prime".... :)

Usually i starting on "Prime" and then turning to "On"

Spark is okay, got about 17.000km on speedo. Yes and now clearance is okay just checked. 

And look what i found when i remove valve cover..  Could this be a reason ?  

YA,  THAT MIGHT DO IT ! 

i wouldn't try cranking the engine with a broken cam cap, that could be disastrous. 

time to start shopping for a new head while you pull it apart to check for more damage. 

• Like 1

YA,  THAT MIGHT DO IT ! 

i wouldn't try cranking the engine with a broken cam cap, that could be disastrous. 

time to start shopping for a new head while you pull it apart to check for more damage. 

Great friday... 

Really you think i need new cylinder head ? :-(

I think it broke after loud pop and after that i just tryed to start only 2 or 3 times

Great friday... 

Really you think i need new cylinder head ? :-(

I think it broke after loud pop and after that i just tryed to start only 2 or 3 times

there is something built up on top of the head cap. is it dirt ? oil ? ground up aluminum ? 

the cam caps are line bored to match that head. if the cam jumped around, the timing is likely off, and the valves possibly damaged, as well as may have contacted the piston. 

pulling the head to inspect would be a good idea. either way, you're going to need a new cap... fitted to that head, or find someone willing to weld both the cap and the head, and machine true again. 

That looks like a weld near the crack..A previous attempt at repair perhaps..?

Some better pics would be interesting, at this point another head should be on your shopping list... :(