New dirt bike

I recently got a new bike. It's a 2003 Ktm sx250. I hate the bars, they just don't feel right. Im 20 years old, female & 5'5". What would be good bars for my height? I know everyone likes different bars & it's really up to what every rider likes but I don't know much about bars & no idea how to figure out what height or bend I need.

• Like 1

Do you know what's on it now? At 5'5 I would be thinking low bend. Renthal and pro taper have good charts showing all the dimensions of their different bars. I'm 10" taller then you and used a RC high on my '04 250SX. you'll probably want something like a McGrath or yz/yzf bend

Unrelated. I hope your '03 handles better then my '04. What a basket case that thing was. Great for supermoto though haha

Edited by D4N63R
  • Like 1

I don't know what's on it now I've always just ridden my bikes stock. This is my first 2 stroke & the biggest bike I've had. I feel like I need the best control I can have with this bike. I want to race it next year but I don't know what to do to make my bike better. I want new rims & exhaust & whatever else I should change to make it faster.

I don't know what's on it now I've always just ridden my bikes stock. This is my first 2 stroke & the biggest bike I've had. I feel like I need the best control I can have with this bike. I want to race it next year but I don't know what to do to make my bike better. I want new rims & exhaust & whatever else I should change to make it faster.

The very best thing you could do to make this bike competitive is get the suspension done for your skill and weight, and for the terrain you ride.  A good suspension tuner can make the bike handle waaay better for you, and they can even lower it for your height if you like.

I would recommend the low bend handlebars since that's an issue for you too. 

Where do you live, Jolene?? 

The very best thing you could do to make this bike competitive is get the suspension done for your skill and weight, and for the terrain you ride. A good suspension tuner can make the bike handle waaay better for you, and they can even lower it for your height if you like.

I would recommend the low bend handlebars since that's an issue for you too.

Where do you live, Jolene??

thanks! I'll def have to look into the suspension. I live in mass

Those bikes don't really need to be made faster. Stock they're over 45hp at the crank (according to KTM) I know mine hauled ass and it was stock.

Wheels don't make you faster. A pipe can help make the power delivery smoother. Suspension and tires are number one IMO for going faster.

Edited by D4N63R

Do you know what's on it now? At 5'5 I would be thinking low bend. Renthal and pro taper have good charts showing all the dimensions of their different bars. I'm 10" taller then you and used a RC high on my '04 250SX. you'll probably want something like a McGrath or yz/yzf bend

Unrelated. I hope your '03 handles better then my '04. What a basket case that thing was. Great for supermoto though haha

Yeah , I have James Stewart low bend Renthal bars , they could suit you .