Sign in to follow this  

Crashed my new KTM. Need handguards.

Finally had a 'real' crash on my 14 KTM 300xc. I was riding out in the sand pits with some friends. There was this one big sand hill that I was climbing while in a wheelie and the bike got away from me.

KTM1_zps70340518.png

ktm2_zpsb6ec1e69.png

Luckily it was sand and didn't really do any damage. My pipe has a ding in it from hitting a rock and my clutch lever is 'slightly' bent. I guess it's time to get some protection for the bike.

Once the factory pipe gets beat to hell I plan on replacing it with an aftermarket one. I'll pickup a pipe guard at the same time. What i'd like to buy right away is a set of hand guards. Both to protect my hands driving through the woods and to protect my levers from bending when the bike falls over on its side. Can someone make a recommendation for hand guards for me? Something that still looks good but offers adequate protection.

• Like 2

Cycra Pro Bends if you want full wrap around bark busters.  There are also cheaper options on the market but I have had great luck with Cycra.  I prefer the U-Clamp to the CRM style.

I recommend threaded bar inserts versus the cheap expanding inserts most bark busters come with.  Like these PMB ones http://www.promotobillet.com/i-17391733-threaded-bar-inserts.html

• Like 1

+1 on the Cycra Pro bends. Toss in some gloves, riding boots, knee/elbow guards and a chest protector!

• Like 2

+1 on the Cycra Pro bends. Toss in some gloves, riding boots, knee/elbow guards and a chest protector!

the enduro engineering ones are real simple and very stout, i have put mine through hell and they are still straight.

I have the EE's on my 450 and they're not as stout as the cycras. I just got a 14' 300 and put on the cycras and the u-clamp......not sure what the "crm" is.

Definitely buy those inserts. My EE's constantly rotate when I eat it. I just did those on the 300 too.

Ride with all the gear all the time...it' can be a hefty hurtful price.

I have the EE's on my 450 and they're not as stout as the cycras. I just got a 14' 300 and put on the cycras and the u-clamp......not sure what the "crm" is.

Definitely buy those inserts. My EE's constantly rotate when I eat it. I just did those on the 300 too.

Ride with all the gear all the time...it' can be a hefty hurtful price.

CRM stands for center reach mount. I just have the u clamp pro bends, seem to work just fine for me.

Looks like a wheelie gone bad.

My cycras have taken many impacts on trees and the ground. They have saved enough levers and my hands enough to pay for themselves.

Cycras are great. I also had great luck with the cheap moose ones. No complaints with either, although I've just been running flag style handguards lately

Plus two . Let me just add I really like the mounts that tie into the handlebar mounts. Almost indestructible .

Cycras and the brp threaded inserts....I used them a few times this weekend. So much better than my ee's.

I have the ee's one my 450....I ride and do drop it which is why I got the cycras and the brp inserts.