urgent!

Anyone have any idea on how to get a broken threaded bolt out? 

Mine snapped after i turned it twice while i was changing the oil. 

i'm at a loss on how to get this thing out, because it snapped just inside the threats so i can't even get some pilers on it.

it's the transmission oil  check bolt... 

Edited by KyleHubert

you can get a  drill bit smaller than the bolt diameter and drill in the center of the bolt, sometimes they will spin it out. Only problem is it will spin it into the hole. A left handed should spin it out. This sometimes works.

I

Edited by imbackmkay

I'd use a reverse drill bit. Lordco should be able to find one for you. Make sure you centre punch the bolt and drill in very straight, but once the bit starts biting in, it should start unthreading itself.

Not so big that you damage the alum. threads.

Edited by bucket list

This may sound stupid, but when I did the same thing I took a hot glue stick and melted the top of it with a lighter and pressed it on it. If it contacts the bolt good enough it'll break free from the threads on the walls and you can turn it like a screwdriver. It took a couple of tries but it worked.

• Like 1

Try an ezout, or left hand drill bit, or super glue or jb weld another bolt on to it. I've had luck with all these, but I've also struck out with ez outs and even actually mig welding another bolt onto a broken one. You could also try a hammer and punch or chisel and try knocking the bolt counterclockwise to see if it will start to back out. Good luck. I like the grinding idea someone mentioned and then using a screwdriver, but I suspect it would be hard to get a small grinding head into that small of a bolt/hole.