Sign in to follow this  

weird speedo

Hi guys, my speedo only displays mph ie 10mph if i spin the wheel backwards? spinning the wheel forwards leaves the reading on zero... any ideas. just getting bike ready for mot so on stand but registers a few mph if wheel spinning in wrong direction. all wires to speedo connected through genuine plugs and in correct order. cheers rob

Hi guys, my speedo only displays mph ie 10mph if i spin the wheel backwards? spinning the wheel forwards leaves the reading on zero... any ideas. just getting bike ready for mot so on stand but registers a few mph if wheel spinning in wrong direction. all wires to speedo connected through genuine plugs and in correct order. cheers rob

Seems odd... I would inspect the cable just to be sure.    Maybe the cable is broken and only catches when you spin it backwards???  Just a guess.  

Good luck...

it appears fine, i am guessing something wrong on electronic side in speedo unit? Have you heard of anything like this? cheers rob

Have you disconnected the cable from the electronic unit and spun the wheel to make sure the cable is turning as it should?  It could be the worm gears down on the hub are not meshed correctly or are stripped and aren't actually turning the cable as it should for some reason. 

Edited by npm