Sign in to follow this  

? CRF250L Weight and Price Diffrence Than CRF250X

Hello

Im curious why the crf250L is $2000 cheaper and weighs more than the crf250x Thanks

First of all, welcome to TT/CRF250L!

These are two completely different motorcycles. The CRF250X is kin to the CRF250R. Both are off-road race motorcycles with SOHC motors and no dual-sport options. The CRF250L is kin to the CBR250R. They share the same motor and general budget road capable segment.

The CRF250X has a full aluminium frame with race-style SOHC motor, race style maintenance schedule, and no real electrical system.

The CRF250L has a steel frame, DOHC low-maintenance road motor with full DOT running gear like lights, instrument cluster, and fuel injection.

You can read more about them and compare each here: http://powersports.honda.com/

Edited by K.Ray
  • Like 3

I have both (250X/L). And both are tagged an dual sported. Now it did take more to get the X road ready like brake switches, brake light, tag mount, gearing it lower 13t front an 44t rear. Also got a trailtech for speedo. Now with that said the L was ready right out of the box 100% road ready. Both do good offroad. Just keep in mind the L is not made for extreme rough, your just asking to mess something up. As far as road riding goes the L has awesome gas mileage the X in 100 miles u need to be looking for gas. So if your looking for a bike to cruise in town then hit some twists I'd go L. If you just want to ride the street some but still offroad is preferred I'd go X.

• Like 1

Welcome Dav--what are you riding ?/ You will like the 250L as most of us here have found :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2