Sign in to follow this  

Best 2 smoke oil - mix em up!

So i know there have been innumerable long discussions about what is the best 2 stroke oil.  so i decided to tackle the problem,  after reading through a bunch of threads, i narrowed it down to 3 oils that had characteristics i was looking for

RedLine,  Lucas, and Yamalube.

I will be running it in my 2008 KTM 300 XC-W,  on the trails of Michigan,  mostly fairly tight,  twisty and considerable sand!

So I figured If i just mixed up the oil,  1/3 of each, i would retain all of the good qualities of each!  Great plan eh!  Can't wait to try my new invention oil this weekend,  i figure the bike will go like stink,  no splooge, no smoke, and defintely no seizing!

can't believe none of you ever came up with this idea before!

Edited by carl johansson

So i know there have been innumerable long discussions about what is the best 2 stroke oil.  so i decided to tackle the problem,  after reading through a bunch of threads, i narrowed it down to 3 oils that had characteristics i was looking for

I will be running it in my 2008 KTM 300 XC-W,  on the trails of Michigan,  mostly fairly tight,  twisty and considerable sand!

So I figured If i just mixed up the oil,  1/3 of each, i would retain all of the good qualities of each!  Great plan eh!  Can't wait to try my new invention oil this weekend,  i figure the bike will go like stink,  no splooge, no smoke, and defintely no seizing!

Probably because it's stupid.

• Like 11

Probably because it's stupid.

Whats so stupid about it?  Do you think it will not work?  damage the engine? 

Whats so stupid about it?  Do you think it will not work?  damage the engine? 

I think its a bit of a silly idea because there is no real need to do such things with the quality of modern oils. From personal experience I would recommend you consider full syn motul.

• Like 1

As can be seen in the example video it's ok to mix all oils together In effort to lubricate your two cycle. The video is conclusive and authoritative.

If you're gonna mix gas you may as well REALLY mix it!

• Like 1

You couldn't pay me to ever run Redline again. Too hygroscopic for the humid environment I live in, and no corrosion inhibitors, it actually caused surface rust on my crank wheels.

I have no experience with Lucas oils in any shape or form, so I can't comment on them.

Yamalube 2R is my oil of choice since Mobil 1 MX2T was discontinued.

And mixing oils? To what end? What do you think you're actually going to accomplish, especially since the base stocks are pretty much the same except for the Redline, which is an Ester-based oil? And without extensive chemical analysis and testing, how do you know if you're going to achieve a synergistic mix, or actually have components that counteract each other?

I'm pretty sure this isn't a serious thread, just an attempt at a humorous troll. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 5

I will never run Redline, or Yamagoo. Lucas aint bad, and they do support racing, so why not use it. My choice is Amsoil Interceptor

I will never run Redline, or Yamagoo. Lucas aint bad, and they do support racing, so why not use it. My choice is Amsoil Interceptor

Yamagoo? Seriously? Yamalube 2R has a reputation as being one of the best pre-mix oils on the market, and deservedly so. When I tear my engine down for a top-end, I invariably find very little in the way of carbon deposits, little to no scuffing on the piston skirts, clean ring grooves, and even well lubed power valve components. It lubricates as well as or better than almost any oil I've ever used (only the MX2T was better in my opinion) and is quite clean burning for a dino-based Group III synthetic blend.

I would bet you've never even used Yamalube, yet you feel the need to bad mouth it.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 5

please dont bother mixing them, it wont make anything better and your wasting time/money? go to your local shop and see what they have on the wall. check all of them out ask what sells best to most racers or what they might recomend for you and what you do. 99% of the time the local shop can put you in the right direction. chokey makes excellent points. A. you could mix 2 together that have counteracting properties. B. location of where you live makes a big difference on the way a motor can run from night time to day time. he doesnt have good luck with certain oil because of his location the same could happen to you. but the local shop would probably know of this if it was an issue and help you not make that mistake. Sometimes local shops suck but for the most part only the good ones survive in the weak market we live in today. like i said above GOLDEN SPECTRO ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

WalMart Super Tech 2T @$13 a gallon..  Doesn't get any better than this.  Cheap and it works.. Oil is oil is oil.. 

Yamagoo? Seriously? Yamalube 2R has a reputation as being one of the best pre-mix oils on the market, and deservedly so. When I tear my engine down for a top-end, I invariably find very little in the way of carbon deposits, little to no scuffing on the piston skirts, clean ring grooves, and even well lubed power valve components. It lubricates as well as or better than almost any oil I've ever used (only the MX2T was better in my opinion) and is quite clean burning for a dino-based Group III synthetic blend.

I would bet you've never even used Yamalube, yet you feel the need to bad mouth it.

You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am. I have found Yamagoo to be one of the messiest oils on the market.

So I was at the track last weekend and I havnt been around 2 stroke race bikes since I was a kid going to the SX races in the Kingdome. Some of those bikes had the best oil smell, just like the old factory 2 stokes!

Everybody that ever saw the pro 2 strokes race knows what smell I mean, is it a certain type of oil? Race gas + premix?