Sign in to follow this  

Brake problems

Hi, I was looking for a forum section called brakes or chassis but I didn't find it. So, if this isn't the place to ask this question then sorry. I just changed my tire today and had to work with my brakes roughly just to get it back on. Anyway, the caliper its self isn't pumping anymore and its just bleeding fluid.... It looks like there is actually to much fluid in there. Any ideas on what to do before I just tear this thing apart? Oh and about 1/5th of by brake pad pad fell off. Does anybody not recommend change the pads after that? If it will do for a while I would like to not change them because they are pretty new. Oh and if it matters at all, my bike is a 08 WR250R

Thank you

Did you pump the lever a bit after you got the wheel on? If you pushed the pistons back in it will take a bit of pumping to get pressure again.

I can only assume that when you say the caliper has too much fluid you are referring to the MC. If thats indeed the case, it's normal to fill up when you push the piston back.

with part of the pad falling off,  I would recommend a new set of pads as the rest will not be far behind and could jam the wheel at a bad time.