drz kick start came in!

yey i got my kick start for my 400e!

ive read alot of things about this install, and i shouldnt have any problem with it. the only thing that is hazy is the manual decomp. i want to put this in just incase im super tired, but form my understanding is we have auto decomp cams... S SM E. does the auto decomp not work with the kicker? and since i have the E, its just a matter of routing it and hooking it up to the head? shaft in the hole (fun) and routing the cable, seems silly not to do it, i just really need somone who has done it to say yea, thats it

• Like 1

yeah ive used that website, and the directions that came with the kit are actually not that bad, pictures arnt great tho, so ima use that in conjunction. its just the manual decomp

i have a true E

just want to make sure its really that easy putting the manual decomp in. cause im sure id find out real quick if the head doesnt accept the input shaft for the manual decomp

also why is there a manual decomp if there is auto decomp cams?

yeah ive used that website, and the directions that came with the kit are actually not that bad, pictures arnt great tho, so ima use that in conjunction. its just the manual decomp

i have a true E

just want to make sure its really that easy putting the manual decomp in. cause im sure id find out real quick if the head doesnt accept the input shaft for the manual decomp

also why is there a manual decomp if there is auto decomp cams?

Because the kick start kit is packaged for the whole DRZ motor family.

Because having the manual option is still nice even with the auto decomp OEM cams.

Because many aftermarket cams have no auto decomp assembly.

An E head will take the manual decomp kit.

If it is a many hour used head, i'd suggest buying a shaft seal and replacing it when you remove the blanking plug on your E head, and before installing the manual decomp shaft.

SEAL OIL 

09282-10014

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=777275&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=2006&model=27183

If it is a NEW OEM part E head, you will need to buy the seal as well...as the seal does not come in the kit. 

• Like 1