Sign in to follow this  

Why are 01 and 02 yz250f's so popular?

I noticed that all of the 01 and 02 yz250f's that go up on craigslist sell super fast. Why do they sell so fast? My brother had an 02 yz250f and he got the buying offer 3-4 hours after he put it up for sale. There was nothing special about the bike. Mostly stock and it needed a carb tuning (he had no experience in that area at the time). It was also very hard to start and the buyer knew all of that. Also, an 02 yz250f was put up for $1900 (about $400 above blue book) and it also sold within a day or two. My brother also had an 04 crf250r, an 06 crf250r and an 07 yz250f. All of those looked an ran way better than the 02 did and they each took over a month to sell. The 04 still hasn't sold, while an 02 yz250f has.

I see you are in Nevada, which isn't too far from California, so I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that anything 03-up is a red sticker bike, which means that 01-02 YZ250F's are the only 250F's that you can buy as green sticker bikes (all other brands came out with 250F's in 04).

Around here you can't give away an 01-02 YZ250F, I see them sit on craigslist for under $1000 for months.

Edited by KJ790

Maybe that's it. We're supposed register our bikes, but we never do. It's not worth our time or money. Nobody I've met really cares. To ride in California I would need it registered, but once we hit the dirt here than we can do whatever we want as long as we stay off private property.