Sign in to follow this  

Waterproofish boots?

So I picked up a pair of Moose M1.2 with the enduro sole this past spring and I liked them until I started racing XC, due to the soles snagging when I get tired. That's a different topic though lol. My question is, what boots out there are better at keeping water out? Literally the first water crossing or puddle I go through my feet get soaked. It's honestly gotten to the point where I dread connecting trails on wetter days. Most I can lift the front tire over but that one bigger one leaves my feet completely soaked all day. I'm going to be shopping for new boots this winter..... Any thoughts?

Even very expensive boots leak unless they are pretty new. Your best bet is to wear neoprene socks on wet days. 

I have the Sidi Crossfires, now two years old. Never have a problem with wet feet after riding through puddles and wet slop all day long. Not sure what they would do if I was just standing around in a puddle, but that isn't what I wear them for. Good luck.

• Like 1

I have Sidi Crossfires and very rarely ever get water in them, even riding through a LOT of puddles and even occasionally putting a foot down in said puddles. I wear OTB pants, that might help too.

I also have the Sidi Discoveries. Definitely waterproof, but definitely not the protection of the Crossfires, either. I use those as my winter dual-sport boots.

• Like 1

I have Sidi crossfire SRS (three years old) and my feet are usually wet by the end of the ride (a lot of stream crossings/puddles).

I went to an over the boot pants with the hopes of keeping my feet dry, but there was not much on an improvement.

So I picked up a pair of Moose M1.2 with the enduro sole this past spring and I liked them until I started racing XC, due to the soles snagging when I get tired. That's a different topic though lol. My question is, what boots out there are better at keeping water out? Literally the first water crossing or puddle I go through my feet get soaked. It's honestly gotten to the point where I dread connecting trails on wetter days. Most I can lift the front tire over but that one bigger one leaves my feet completely soaked all day. I'm going to be shopping for new boots this winter..... Any thoughts?

I've found my Gaerne SG10s to be the best.. but I've never paid for SG12s or Alpinestars.  The Techs are pretty water resistant too though I've heard.

I've found my Gaerne SG10s to be the best.. but I've never paid for SG12s or Alpinestars.  The Techs are pretty water resistant too though I've heard.

Ive got Tech 10's, and they are very water resistant, my feet have always been dry, but they better damn well be good in the water for the price you have to pay for these things.

• Like 1

I wear Alpinestars Tech 8s.  Totally soaked feet, every time, even after sealing the side air vent with silicone.  Sucks.  The boots are in great shape, gaitors intact and OTB pants.

Seems like all high end boots are reasonably water proof for a while then start to get a little leaky over time. I just clean mine up really good and go over every bit of them with wax. It really helps to get them nice and warm. I make a point of going over every stitch and seam, this seems to help the most. After that they do ok for a while again.