Sign in to follow this  

I Need a DR350 head asap! or motor?

i bought a pretty nice '95 dr350 from a guy to tittle and ride to work and to the woods on. it needs re ringed he said, get it home tear it down and come to find out it dropped a exhaust valve. i was planning on boring it and such anyway but i need a newer head cuz it's all beat up in the chamber from the valve being jammed around into it and the lifter is worn bad pertty bad. Now my problem is i can't seem to find a head when i search the internet/ ebay, im clueless never bought stuff offline before anyone know where i could find one? i found one on ebay but they want damn near $400 that sounds like 2x to much and it was only half of what i needed.

any help or info is appreciated right now

Good luck finding a reasonably priced automatic decompression head for this bike. The head is THE Achilles heel of the DR350 IMO. In my experience you can sometimes find an entire DR350 off road model (untitled) for not much more money than the salvage yards want for just a cylinder head.

well does anyone have experience with a head rebuilder? where i could send it off to get new seats valves and guides in? mabey some porting? i searched quiet a few places but just can't narrow it down to one