Sign in to follow this  

does my yz sound normal to you?

I never did change the clutch basket sleeve and bearing. Iam soon tho,

The bike is up to temp.. do you guys think it sounds normal? I've read about wiseco pistons being noisy.

I think its ok but I'm new to 2 strokes so idk.. I put a few hours on it..

I got another question, I didn't notice it until I was going down the side of the road (very smooth and straight) I was in 5th. when I hold the throttle steady it seems like it goes in the power band for a split second then falls off and back in it "jerky" is the best way I can think of to describe it. I plan on marking my throttle to see what throttle position its at when it does it. ( Seems like its more at a certain rpm rather than throttle position tho)

And I havnt rode much but the other day while pinning it a bit when I got it back to my shed I noticed it smoking a bit ( I normally don't see smoke once its warm) and it smelt kinda funny.. but the coolant level was normal. I let it cool a little and rode again, it didn't smoke? Now that I think about it, it was probably the tape I used on the muffler packing?

Edited by yz250474

I have this app on my phone so its hard to pick out a problem while listening but for the most part it i think it sounds a lot like mine does. Does the rattle get quieter when the clutch is pulled in then come back when it is let out? Also, does your kicker have any movement in it when the bikes running? Its just that when you rev the bike it almost sounds like when you don't let go of the kicker and let it grind for a minute. If it is louder than normal ( like I said..hard to tell on a phone) then I would still say its clutch related. Your other problem if arises from steady throttle position does sound jetting related. Most likely the needle position is too rich.

The noise does get quieter when I pull the clutch in, and the kickstarter does rattle when I rev it.. if I just put a little pressure on it, it stops but the bolt and screw are tight? I'm going to order the basket sleeve and bearing tomorrow.

Ok. The end of the clutch pushrod needs to be checked for mushrooming too. Also, the kicker being sloppy is not quite what I meant. I don't mean like a worn out kind of rattle I meant do you feel it trying to grab like when you continue to hold your kicker down after the bike is running..

I here you YZ saying "Please take the Metal Mulisha stickers off, PLEASE!"

Yeah ill be getting a new graphics kit soon lol... is there a good site where I can actually see the graphics on a yz?

I here you YZ saying "Please take the Metal Mulisha stickers off, PLEASE!"

Yeah that's all I heard too hahaha

Yeah ill be getting a new graphics kit soon lol... is there a good site where I can actually see the graphics on a yz?

Ebay has cheap kits that sometimes show it on an actual yz. Like the flu kits. Some don't like them but I don't think they look too bad.