Sign in to follow this  

Bike Lowering/Shock Shortening

Also posting this in the suspension section.

Looking to lower my 2010 KTM 300. I have done this before on a Yamaha YZ by tearing the shock apart and installing a limiting spacer. is it the same process for the KTM PDS shock?

If so is there a step by step guide for tering the shock apart and re-assembling?

Also what thickness spacer would be used to shorten the shock one and a half inches?

If it is a totally different method to do this, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

I had the shock on my 2011 150sx shortened 10mm when I had it revalved. I love it. By the way, I am 5'6".

Spacers installed front and rear, works great.  Not sure what size the spacers were but the travel was reduced 1" on the front and 1¼" on the rear.  You could also try a lower profile rear tire, once mine is worn out I will.

Spacers installed front and rear, works great. Not sure what size the spacers were but the travel was reduced 1" on the front and 1¼" on the rear. You could also try a lower profile rear tire, once mine is worn out I will.

I was thinking of lowering mine but decided not to because of this.

So is there a step by step guide to dismantling and bleeding the shock. Can find a few videos but nothing I can print off?

There is a company that makes a pds bushing that almost acts as an eccentric bushing, giving some adjustability. Also, as Larry63r pointed out, any suspension company that is well versed in wp suspension should be able to shorten the suspension.

There is a company that makes a pds bushing that almost acts as an eccentric bushing, giving some adjustability. Also, as Larry63r pointed out, any suspension company that is well versed in wp suspension should be able to shorten the suspension.

It's called an "X bushing", I think it'll give you a. Inch, the low seat help.

It's called an "X bushing", I think it'll give you a. Inch, the low seat help.

if I'm correct, synergy makes them. I've really never got past just seeing the ad, might have to do with me being 6'2"....