Sign in to follow this  

KTM vs HUSQVARNA

Hello all bikers!

I am currently in the market for my first enduro/road registered dirt bike! i currently ride an 05 crf250r with an almost f*@#ed clutch,

soooooo, im after a brand new 250 four stroke and im leaning a lot towards either a ktm 250exf or a husqvarna fe250. 

Now my problem is how am i suppose to decide between the 2! they are almost exactly the same but the husqvarna seems to have better parts but its a husqvarna and i cant seem to find many spare parts or aftermarket parts for it, is it because ktm parts fit huskys? or because fe250 are new for 2014? or maybe husaberg parts fit? so confusing! anyway any input would help (: 

cheeeeeers! 

2014-ktm-250-exc-f.jpg

2014-Husqvarna-FE250.png

A lot of the KTM parts will now swap over.  The fe250 is obviously very similar to the KTM now but there are some differences.  Big ones are the Husky has a linkage where the exc still does not and weights a few pounds less because of it.  The Husky has different forks but they aren't necessarily better.  The husky has a .5l larger gas tank which could matter depending on where you ride.  The Husky has a plastic subframe vs the KTM's aluminum.  That's about it for the most part.

The big one for me would be whether or not the ergos are still like a Husky or now like a KTM because they were different in the past.  Might want to ask on Cafe Husky if that's a concern for you.

Edited by kan3

Thanks guys been great help except "neither" that's no help at all. I do believe I will be going for a husky I really like them and if I'm not going to have problems getting parts then there's no problem at all, now I just need to talk the sales man down from 12.990 to something a little more manageable. Anyone bought a husky fe250 ride away and talked them down? How much did you get it for?

they are one in the same except i think but dont quote me on this the husky uses the exc frame and the xcw motor

but what i do know is get the 350, it doesn't matter ktm or husky

The Husky hands down IMO. The new Husky "is" the 2014 Husaberg. KTM bought Husaberg and Husky to have as a flagship line, something just a little better in a few areas than a basic KTM. Please don't get me wrong, the KTM is an amazing bike but the Husky is set-up, suspended and tuned a bit better for extreme enduro. Plus the Husky colors rock :)

I went to buy a KTM 6 days 300 last year but the second I saw the Berg TE 300 my mind was made up. This Berg is amazing and the new Husky is my bike with a white frame and different graphics.

Thanks guys, yeah a husky is $11,995 and the ktm is $11,495 but obviously not as set up as the husky. I'd love to get a 350 but I'm limited at $12,000 such a shame. I've looked at a husky at Brisbane motorcycles and love the look of them and the feel if sitting on one, wish I could test ride but apparently they don't do that anymore.

• Like 1