Sign in to follow this  

having trouble getting oem parts aus

hey there   went to my local Honda dealer to buy some bits and it turns out one of them is no longer available and having a lot of trouble getting it. its a front number plate off a xr400r 1998 model the part no is  61140-kcy-710za      have found an American one but as far as I know the American model has a smaller headlight than the Australian one and I cant seem to find out if they are compatable the American part no is   61140-kcy-a30za    if eanyone knows eanything please HELLP :banghead:  :foul:      thanx steve

I think you're right. The stock US shroud won't fit your Aussie headlight. The next option I would look at is the Baja Designs shroud. I think it would fit your headllight.

hey there        thanx for the feed back its much appreciated    I have seen the baja designs set  and would be a replacement but I was really  leaning for genuine as this bike has been a dream of mine for years. I have always liked the original look..  my guess is that there are heaps of them some were as a lot of them seem to get changed.    the local Honda dealer agreed .  I did look at the site suggested and the same as here part not available. but was on the right track.  im keen to find out about the comparison of the two. if theyr compatable or not???????  thanx heaps for the effort.         and once again much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Oh the two types I have are both OEM, one is XR4 the other is XR250Y, the 250 has a tiny headlight but they are both a two piece cover.

I made the mistake - the us one won't fit it's to small . I have one here after I purchased one - the euro uk ones work I think ...

Hey guy's    Had some luck  went down the local Honda dealer the other day to get some more bits. The bloke that usually serves me was back from holidays.  I mentioned the problems I was having and asked if he had any pictures of the original. Without hesitation he started looking [was planning to make my own from scratch].  he didn't look long before having the idea to go through the list of bikes instead and it turns out that a 2001 model part no   61140-KCY-E80ZA  is the same as the 1998 part no   61140-KCY-710ZA  and will fit perfectly.   problem solved yay :thumbsup:             thanx  again to those who tried to help