2 Different Seat Height (confusion)

Yesterday we were talking with my friend and bikes were standing side by side(2 x 400-SM). I suddenly! noticed that my SM is lower than my friends bike :devil: , I measured from end of seat, my bike is definitely lower than other. It was about ~2 finger (3~4 cm). We sit on both bikes couple of times, it was clear.

I thought P.O. put lowering kit to rear shock, I checked bottom link. NO! connection rods and links are identical.

Seats are OEM and no trim or cutting on foams. 

I know compressing or releasing rear shock doesn't change bikes height but I checked them too. They were almost at same level.

I realized that why I was feeling like "riding a cruiser" with my DRZ. Rear is too low. But I can't find the reason... Shock spring softened/melted/yielded ?? Shock gas leaked ??

I can raise it if I change the bottom connection but I want to know what is wrong with my rear shock. Or any other guess?

As I said, they got similar preload level when I quickly checked it. I will check it detailed again. 

But AFAIK spring preload doesn't change bikes height. I tried it on my previous bike(It was ~95cm seat height) and it didn't work. I talked about this with service man(long time ago) he also confirmed that preload is not about height  :thinking:

If you really want to determine a difference, remove both shocks from both motorcycles and measure the eye to eye length.  If not the same, the short shock has been modified internally.

Spring preload will affect ride height.  It determines how much the motorcycle will settle under its own weight.  Normally you want it to settle about 25mm just from the weight of the motorcycle with no rider abroad, around 100mm with the rider.

You need to measure the links and confirm they are the same length.

You need to measure the eye to eye shock length

If you really want to determine a difference, remove both shocks from both motorcycles and measure the eye to eye length.  If not the same, the short shock has been modified internally.

Spring preload will affect ride height.  It determines how much the motorcycle will settle under its own weight.  Normally you want it to settle about 25mm just from the weight of the motorcycle with no rider abroad, around 100mm with the rider.

I will check those "sag" measurements...

What if eye2eye lenghts are different ? What does that mean? Can it only happen if it is modified internally? Bec. I don't think P.O. had a chance to modify it internally. 

If eye2eye lenghts are different and no internally modification had been made, what can be done to make mine higher ? I compressed the spring a little more, it helped slightly... Still leaning back during ride..