Sign in to follow this  

Klim(no I don't have a line for over the i)

Klim(said Klime as in Lime). Yeah, yippee. Whatever

Over-priced crap or good stuff? Or a few really good items and the rest is overpriced, over hyped, oh-daddy-I-have-to-have-Klim-because-it's-the-latest-thing stuff or it costs a lot so people might think I'm rich or cool?

Or it's for those old guys that really have money and a dumb enough to buy it. Or, damn this stuff really IS good?

Edited by DR.billZ

Klim(said Klime as in Lime). Yeah, yippee.

Over-priced crap or good stuff? Or a few really good items and the rest is overpriced, over hyped, oh-daddy-I-have-to-have-Klim-because-it's-the-latest-thing stuff?

haha it sure does seem that way but the sh*t actually works awesome. I've ran KLIM pants for almost two years now and they don't even have a tare. I have no idea how they hold up so well.

I just bought some MSR pants a month ago for spares and the insides are already ripped up and the elastic straps are stretched. I highly recommend KLIM gear even though the price is ridiculous, you get what you pay for though. Venting and pockets on the in the boot pants are wicked for offroad too.

KLIM stuff has been around for a long time, they just started getting popular, so yeah they're the new FOX for now :smirk:

The brand was bought in 2012 by Polaris, I feel like thats when they really started exploding..

Edited by Arctic Pride

I have a number of Klim jerseys and pants. Comfy, functionally designed and durable. I like their gear. But then again, I have stuff from Fly, Moose, and MSR; everything has been pretty good. Not sure it's head/shoulders above the rest, but it's a good quality line for sure.

Never heard of it until recently. Saw it mainly in the adventure bike group and although I have one I wouldn't call me a typical adventure bike type (you know what I mean). Then saw it at a local dirt bike shop, then started to see advertisements. Polaris is on a roll...

Never heard of it until recently. Saw it mainly in the adventure bike group and although I have one I wouldn't call me a typical adventure bike type (you know what I mean). Then saw it at a local dirt bike shop, then started to see advertisements. Polaris is on a roll...

So, you're buying the $1,300 Klim ADV jacket then? :smirk: I hear that it massages your ass and makes you ride like Błażusiak. Might be worth it!

AllroadTouringApparelRidingGearKLIMAdven

• Like 3

I ran into Klim stuff years ago when I used to ride snowmobiles. They are absolutely huge in that market and priced sky-high as well. Once I realized how many people were coughing up huge money for their boots, pants and jackets I bought a few pieces too.

It's not overrated. it's the best. The few Klim items I have are still around and still in good shape despite lots of use. My Klim OTB offroad pants are head and shoulders better than any others I own.

• Like 1

Klim isn't just becoming popular... as someone already mentioned they are huge in the snowmobile world (and were way before Polaris bought them... if anything that hurt their reputation instead of helping it). I know snowmobiling requires different things than dirt biking- but they have a record of quality and excellent costumer service.

So to answer the questions... yes they are that good. And yes, they are also overpriced.

It is good stuff.  Been wearing their gear on snow since I started riding,  their dirt stuff's pretty good too.

Overpriced?  Yeah, a bit.  Find it on closeout and it's a lot more reasonable.

Personally I won't pay full price in the hopes that they honor their warranty.  But discounts/closeouts, sure.

DSC00805_-L.jpg

Generally good stuff, but there is equal quality for lesser price.  That said, I like their vented helmets, and the Inversion glove.  I've had 3 pair of the Dakar pants, and all 3 have ripped in the crotch and are much heavier than my other pants.  When I get back from a ride, they are kind of annoying to walk around in, so the first thing I do is get them off.  My other pairs of pants I can wear all day and not really notice.

When I get back from a ride, they are kind of annoying to walk around in, so the first thing I do is get them off. 

That's funny my pants are normally the first thing that comes off as soon as I walk in the door :smirk:

That's funny my pants are normally the first thing that comes off as soon as I walk in the door :smirk:

I used to be able to ride from my driveway, but they kicked us out of that area.....now I gotta drive to ride

Took a chance on a Klim F4 helmet last year on ebay for $200. Been really happy with it. I mean, came with a lot of nice extras too including a sweet bag. Not that the bag can save my head, but hey they could just sell it with a helmet sock thingy. Anyways, the venting is nice, but does sometimes collect a good deal of dirt if I get roosted bad on the track.

• Like 1

So, you're buying the $1,300 Klim ADV jacket then? :smirk: I hear that it massages your ass and makes you ride like Błażusiak. Might be worth it!

AllroadTouringApparelRidingGearKLIMAdven

No no no I have an adventure bike. I'd never pay that for a jacket.... But if it massaged my butt.... Edited by DR.billZ
  • Like 2

I have a Klime shirt.  It is a shirt.  What do you want to know?  It has sleeves and a neck hole.  I cut the sleeves off, and use them as leggings under my knee braces.

• Like 2