Sign in to follow this  

Drz front fork springs ...

Ok hands up ive not been on here for about 2 years .....

What im after is does anyone know were i can get a pair of .58 front springs for a set of Drz forks....

The reason is ive transplanted a pair onto my 1996 Africa Twin ...... now the Drz was around 134 kgs the Africa Twin is 240kgs

so you can see why ....

Is Eddie still on here as he was everything Drz ....

1. What im after is does anyone know were i can get a pair of .58 front springs for a set of Drz forks....

2. Is Eddie still on here as he was everything Drz ....

1. You might have to have a custom set made to get some that stiff.  I see RaceTech only goes to .54.  Maybe try contacting Cannon RaceCraft as I've heard people mentioning getting custom springs from them. 

2. Sadly, no.  Do a search on Eddie Sisneros in this forum for the various opinions.  

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Cannon Racecraft will make them for you. You could also consider cutting a set of 0.54's and adding spacers, but you'd have to take some measurements to make sure they wouldn't bind at full compression. Would only take 0.54/0.58 -> ~7% reduction in length. IIRC the OEM springs are about 20" long, so a ~1.5" spacer. If there's not enough space for a 1.5" spacer, there MAY not be enough space for the diameter of wire that would give you 0.58. Don't know w/o measuring some stuff....so recommend calling Cannon.

Edited by aeronaut
  • Like 1

Thanks for that areonaut , my suspension guy said between .56 and .58 but the latter would be idea .... he said for what ive done it would be best not to shim anything out and get it done properly. If i need it a bit stiff or softer i will either add or reduce the fork oil level ...   i will mail Cannon RaceCraft and see what they say 

thanks again ...