Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250 carburetor leak

When I turn my gas on it seems to leak from the top of the fuel bowl. Like where the top of the fuel bowl and the rest of the carburetor connects, my dad seems to think that a peice of dirt might be stuck in the float causing the fuel bowl to overfill and leak out of a vent or something. I was just wondering if anyone on here had a second opinion before i start tearing my carburetor apart

When I turn my gas on it seems to leak from the top of the fuel bowl. Like where the top of the fuel bowl and the rest of the carburetor connects, my dad seems to think that a peice of dirt might be stuck in the float causing the fuel bowl to overfill and leak out of a vent or something. I was just wondering if anyone on here had a second opinion before i start tearing my carburetor apart

I had this happen on my sons rm 125. Ended up being a worn out oring under the needle valve (sits under the float). I bought a carb rebuild kit on ebay for 30 bucks and replaced the oring. Do a search for kx250 carb rebuild kit on ebay and you will have everything you need to fix it for around 25- 35 bucks.