Sign in to follow this  

Are you looking to ride better?

Many of us are self taught riders and have become pretty skilled. But, the fact is, to ride fast with control requires that you master a whole series of skills, some seemly silly and/or elementary. If you're someone that is looking to improve, I'd like to suggest that you follow TT resident riding expert, Gary Semics. Here's trained some of the bigs like McGrath, so without putting too finer point on it, he knows his schitzle. :ride:

He now has a riding tip blog on ThumperTalk, where you can easily follow him. Here's a link to blogs:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/blogs

Here's how you follow Gary (upper right of any blog page):
follow_this_blog.PNG

If you're serious about riding better, faster, and with more control, follow his blog on ThumperTalk and even feel free to comment on his tips. While he's still an active trainer, he will reply to questions as time allows.

We're privileged to have access to such a great resource, so take advantage of what he's offering. The price is right (free!) :thumbsup:

Here's a few shots of the man himself..

Gary-Semics.jpg

VO3-DVD-8-front-cover-1-croped-289x300.j

Semics.jpg

• Like 7

Can you tell me how to find the blog section on the app? The link just brings me to the home page of the app.

How can I increase my corner speed? I tend to coast into the corner and come out weak, especially if it is rutted

Stop coasting. Trust the rut won't give out, because 99% of the time it won't. More throttle!

Which pipe will make me faster? :)

It is common knowledge that pipe, clutch, weight, and oil selection will make you a better and faster rider, as well as training.

• Like 2

It is common knowledge that pipe, clutch, weight, and oil selection will make you a better and faster rider, as well as training.

Lol...... Mostly training though......

• Like 2

Lol...... Mostly training though......

Used to think so, but I have been on the internet studing the websites of after market suppliers some pipe companies swear 3-4 horsepower increases, lower sound levels to boot, a major oil supplier claims cooler running temperture, longer life, and 15% reduction of friction, there was a pro rider that claimed he was changing his clutch every race, he switch and no more clutch problems and of coarse even a pound of weight reduction will provide more energy and faster lap times, that was on a popular dirt bike web site. Think the manufacturers need to talk to these companies more to provide us better bikes.

So I placed an order for all these items and based on the claims I figure I will move from a C rider to an A class at the next race. You know the testimonials by so many well respected riders have convinced me you can just use these product and become a great rider, maybe even a world champion.

So why should I train any more, just bolt it on and collect the big bucks.

• Like 1

You know I just did some more research, I'm looking at websites for pro riders Like Destry Abbott, Steve Hatch,etc ,etc, for about the same money for the clutch or pipe I,m looking at I can have two Days of one/one training. I'm sure I ride my bike perfect, I race in HH, class c MX. know how to set my clickers and had 800.00 suspension set up, I wonderwhat would make me a better ,faster,safer rider, that clutch or lessons from a pro. Wow I'm confussed everyone has a pipe in my class,some have fancy clutches, I wonder why they are still in C class?

Maybe someone here can help me, that fancy clutch cover is so cool, and the stickers on that pipe look awsome. Everyone is impresed when they see it on  others bike.

Can some one help me out here, this is a tough delema? should I ride a cool bike or take lessons??????

• Like 1

But on the other hand, at least you'll look cool going slow? What's more important?

Being fast on a shitty looking bike is most importantererrrrrrrrr.

Dude in my class races a clapped out LOOKING, it's actually a pretty sweet bike, 97 cr125. Gets fourth place nearly every time. It's awesome.

• Like 1

Take lessons! I sent my wife to a 2 day event up here. It was a night and day difference...

But on the other hand, at least you'll look cool going slow? What's more important?

Think I would prefer roosting all the guys on their bling machines. !

I have a better idea.  Why doesn't Gary teach some of these TT patrons what they really need to know like how to do a top end on a four stroke.  That way they can get over their mechanical phobias and maybe buy a bike made within the last 10 years.

• Like 1

I have a better idea. Why doesn't Gary teach some of these TT patrons what they really need to know like how to do a top end on a four stroke. That way they can get over their mechanical phobias and maybe buy a bike made within the last 10 years.

What I don't get is a 4t piston swap really isn't any different then a 2t swap. The only difference is the appearance and bolt pattern of the 'head'

Yea, guess maybe we now have poser racers/riders today, sorta like the Harley Desporados that put on their leather, stick on tatoos, dark sunglasses, and make that long (4 mile) ride to the Bar. Its the IMAGE baby!

I like a fancy looking bike. But I chose to have cats instead of kids so I have a decent amount of Disposible income. I just tell people that I buy fancy dirt bike stuff because I don't drink. The money has to go somewhere right?

• Like 4