Sign in to follow this  

How long to warm yz250f up for

The way I do it is let the bike idle till the rad`s are hot.I have never timed it and other people will have there own method..

• Like 1

I warm up my bike for like 1-2 mins and when its warming up i pull the clutch lever like 50 times to help get oil flowing thru the clutch pack...then the first 1-2 laps around a track are warm up laps to make sure everything is working then i ride at my normal pace...

I trail ride, so I do it a little differenlty.

Once the engine will take the throttle with choke on, I take off the down the trail with choke on, going slow in 2nd gear, not much throttle.  Once I've gone 50-75 feet, I push the choke off, make sure its taking throttle, and go easy for 100 yds or so, then I'm riding.  Gotta warm up the old body as well.

start bike till rads are hot on top and warm on bottom. takes about 2-3 min of idling. i then release the choke and blip the throttle. if it bogs i let it idle a little longer, if it revs cleanly then its time to rip. been doing this method for years with 2 and 4 strokes street bikes and dirtbikes. never had a cold sieze or engine damage. works for me! bike needs to be jetted properly BTW

side benefit is if you are running race gas you get to smell the exhaust for a few minutes in the pits before you head out :)

Seems my warm-up time has decreased as of late, but whether trail riding or MX racing I always take it easy for the first minute whether riding from the truck to the singletrack or to the starting area. By the time singletrack or a gate is seen I'm super nervous, excited or have brain totally turned off.....and the engine is warm. Yep, brain turned off = bike warmed up.

• Like 1