Sign in to follow this  

moto lab

got my ecu back from moto lab. Best 50 i spent. Highly recommended. so now I have power commander with auto tune and 2 maps from eddie to get rid of.

• Like 2

got my ecu back from moto lab. Best 50 i spent. Highly recommended. so now I have power commander with auto tune and 2 maps from eddie to get rid of.

that's great to hear buddy. He called me today and said my ecu is on its way to be shipped out. I'll definitely be doing a ride review. Super excited to get mine back.

"Told ya so"  :thumbsup:

Glad you are happy with it! Is your bike easier to start as well? That was the first thing I noticed... no more 5-10 kicks required on the first start of the day, 1, 2 kicks cold or hot and she is purring away. Not to mention that the power delivery is out of this world. 

Better than any of the expensive tuners I have tried. The map he installed on mine is every bit as good as the best map on the Vortex I played around with. Crazy how much potential is left in the RMZ motor from the factory. 

• Like 1

ya it starts easier, but the power is amazing, not so grabby arm ripping on off throttle,more linear down low for what i like for harescrambles. Everywhere is better though,I hit a road section and couldnt get into fifth way better pull top end and no popping or backfiring on decel.

• Like 2

Looks like I need to send in my ECU this winter! Sure could go for easier starts in the morning!

What's turn around time? What state is he in?

moto lab is in Connecticut. I live in New Mexico, it took 5 days to get there, 3 days at his shop, then 5 days back to me.

I know I'm reviving a year old thread, but figured it was worth it.

I sent my ECU off to Tom and got a remap.  I rode with it for the first time this Sunday and wow, what a difference!  I was really sending it out just to help with the cold start (which it does), but it feels like a different motor.  It doesn't sign off on the top and the power delivery is smooth all the way through.  Best $50 I've spent on this bike, period.

• Like 2

Has Tom got any maps for the 2015 rmz yet??? Last time we spoke he hadn't seen any

Has Tom got any maps for the 2015 rmz yet??? Last time we spoke he hadn't seen any

I don't believe he has had access to a 15 yet from what I have heard. I have a few questions that I want to run by him so I will ask him when I call tomorrow. 

I'm working on the 15 now. Im doing some more track testing Sunday. Getting very close to the final setting

• Like 5

I'm working on the 15 now. Im doing some more track testing Sunday. Getting very close to the final setting

That is music to my ears!

Tom, the biggest annoyance for me was the flame out... the bike would some times just die in corners when chopping the throttle shut...I had to take my rekluse out because of this, going back to manual meant I just just dump the clutch and refire if it did this.

Even my really fast buddy had the issue and he had my bike for a few weeks when I was down.

I made up the tps tool and that calibration didn't change it, nor did the couplers.

My test rider had the same issue. Less fuel and more timing works good. Still refining but its close

Will you please post up when you are ready to do the 2015 ECU's.

I will be sending mine in.