Sign in to follow this  

What were 1981 kx250 like ?

Hey , seems i may be able to get a 81' 250 but, i can't find anything much about these early kx's . Can anyone tell me if they were ok or lemons ? I know parts is a major issue but i'm pretty savy to custom fab etc. Just want to know if its a good starting point , cheers steve

If you want an MXer, it was good. If you want a trail bike, hold for a KDX200. Check for parts availability.

Wanted for vmx racing , going to be outclassed in pre85 class but dont want the same bike as everyone else ( cr250 re ) . Thinking of swapping for my 89 rm125. I guess the main thing i want to know is if power is up to the level as i can upgrade front brake etc.

81's were alright. The 82's were a transition year. Had a disc brake up front and a single shock rear suspension, Air cooled still. Goofy handling bike that needed to be steered with the throttle. Had a two piece swaged together lower fork slider...and they would hammer apart. I know as I learned that lesson the hard way. That was the bike that sold me on Honda's.