Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230f steering help?

I have a 2004 that I bought used for a buddy bike. Bike is excellent but when I was buying it I noticed that the front tire is kicked to the left when the handle bars are straight. When riding straight to keep it straight the bars are turn a bit to the right. I offered him low because I was unsure of the fix. The bike runs great and I really like it, but this problem is frustrating me. It's like the forks are twisted but they seem straight and the triple clamp seems also straight. Bars are straight. I took off the front axle bolt and it's straight. The tire and rim is also straight. I'm stump help me out guys.

Loosen triple clamps slightly, stand in front of bike while holding handle bars, place a leg on both sides of front tire, squeeze tire with knees, twist front end back into alignment using pressure on handle bars until straight.

Re torque all loosened bolts to factory specs.

Enjoy your new bike :-)

Really it can be that easy? I will try that in the morning. Sounds like it could be the fix I need. Thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

Yep, its that easy. Happened to me last weekend when I took a spill. Thought I was screwed, but all I had to do is loosen the pinch bolts and twist them back. Tapping the forward-most fork (when facing the bike) via the bottom clamp (tap the clamp where the pinch bolts are, not the fork itself) with the backside of a ratchet or with a wooden/rubber mallet should do the trick.

Good to go guys. Thanks and I feel retarded. I was blaming everything under the sun. Seems good and rides nice.