Sign in to follow this  

2015 500 EXC pics

Yeah. Just picked up a '15 350exc In ktm website pics it shows black wheels but got to the dealer and they were silver. Weather way the bike is awesome! Confusing how ktm sometimes misrepresents things on their website

--500 exc with silver wheels on ktm's website.

http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/500excusa/highlights.html#.U_gKMCRv2PY

--350 exc with silver wheels on ktm's website.

http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/350excfusa/highlights.html#.U_gKdiRv2PY

from what i recall when they first announced the 2015 line they were very clear that the exc's would NOT have the new black wheels, so no sure what you are upset about.

I think the Euro model EXC's have black wheels for '15. Both versions have black spokes which should add a protective coating to make cleaning easier and prevent corrosion.

I am picking up mine next week, does anyone have pictures of the new instrument panel?? would like to see that

I wonder why they didn't run the EXCs w black rims like the XC-Ws.

My black rims looked like hell after the first ride in the desert. One of the more dumb ideas KTM had. :banghead:

• Like 1

My black rims looked like hell after the first ride in the desert. One of the more dumb ideas KTM had. :banghead:

Yeah, thought I wanted black wheels until you take a close look at all the KTM's with them. 

• Like 1

Orange frame. No thanks. Black wheels... ditto. Glad I got a '14 before they were gone!

I kind of like the orange frame.

However, I'm glad that I don't have black wheels too.  I have never been a fan of the black wheel thing on anything.  Just doesn't do anything for me, but it's all the rage right now...

CADman_KS

• Like 1

I kind of like the orange frame.

However, I'm glad that I don't have black wheels too. I have never been a fan of the black wheel thing on anything. Just doesn't do anything for me, but it's all the rage right now...

CADman_KS

I agree, I love the orange frame and also the plastics 2 tone is now white which looks better to me. Not that the 14 was an eye sore or anything

You don't think so? Save this thread and get back to me

I completely agree with you based on every single bike I've ever had with a bright frame. Looks horrible very quickly.

Not only will it look old from use but it will look old when they change back to the regular frame color. The bikes will be shunned. Mark my words.

I don't think they will be shunned? Ktms hold their value extremely well and they are rarely seen listed used for more than a few days. Look at the 07 had black rims and still very desireable

I don't think 3 years from now someone who knows about ktms would say "I'm looking for a used exc but only 2012-2014"

The orange frame is awesome... my 1978 Maico 450 Magnum had a red frame. It was awesome too... 

Be glad you have an orange frame full of awesomeness...

It will mark a year to bestow with high esteem.

:smirk:

Be glad you have an orange frame full of awesomeness...

It will mark a year to bestow with high esteem.

Maybe they will only do it this one year, and then it will be a limited edition, and be MORE valuable... :smirk: Edited by cadman_ks

Wish I could show you some pics of this one in my driveway, but dealer pics are still pretty good. Good looking bikes, but I wonder why they didn't run the EXCs w black rims like the XC-Ws.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-KTM-500-EXC-112947471

Looks great... I love the orange FACTORY RACE COLOR frame. I'm glad I waited for the 2015s. The 2014s will always run behind the 2015's - literally. 

They will always be worth more too. R&D improvements.. instrument cluster... grips... quiet pipe - breathes better... graphics.. what else? 

Wallet is ready to open...

:cheers: